Go faster!
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers! said:
Let us put this into perspective here.

440 USD = 1/2 of ZTR Race wheelset from Notubes
440 USD = 1/4 of Lynksey Titanium M230 frameset I just bought
440 USD > XTR M970 Crankset

Do you really want a saddle that is 1/4 the price of most framesets on the market?
yep tell it to universal cycles or to selle italia. I didnt bought it for that money, as I said in post 1. but still expensive, It was like a christmas present.

·
More carbon fiber please!
684 Posts
Cheers! said:
Let us put this into perspective here.

440 USD = 1/2 of ZTR Race wheelset from Notubes
440 USD = 1/4 of Lynksey Titanium M230 frameset I just bought
440 USD > XTR M970 Crankset

Do you really want a saddle that is 1/4 the price of most framesets on the market?
I agree. I did spend a lot on some components on my bike... maybe more than I should have... but I would not spend $440 for a saddle no matter what. Unless it had $300 in cash in the box with it. :eek:

·
gone for a bike ride
1,973 Posts
i have 2 SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddles - if your asking, i think they are the best saddle on the market, if you shop around you can find the 2008 model for under $180.

FYI they have the same shell as the Teknologika Flow Carbon Saddle

...if your arse is used to SLR's - your bum won't get numb during a 3-4hour ride.

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
My experience with all the SLR's I have tried was the discomfort from having the edges of the nose of the saddle grinding into my thighs when riding out of the saddle and gripping the nose of the saddle with my legs. They were OK in seated comfort, but I still find the classic Flite Ti shape the most comfy for overall riding, I still like the rear end of the saddle kicking up. I wish they would take a shot at doing a lighter version of that classic shell shape.

Chain Reaction has some pretty good prices on the Selle Italia saddles.

·
gone for a bike ride
1,973 Posts
i had a similar problem with the standard leather clad SLR gelflow, it has a stupid seam near the outside edges that used to grate my inside top thigh.

the Carbonio Flow and also Teknologika flow has no seams = perfection

..my newest SLR Carbonio Flow cost $174 inc postage from ebay seller italtecno1

·
Go faster!
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
rockyuphill said:
Chain Reaction has some pretty good prices on the Selle Italia saddles.
My sadles always get cuts on the leather in the edges which I hate to see, so this one will be better with slick shiny carbon.

Indeed nice prices on CRC and free shipping over 230USD or 160EUR... Its the first time I see a good price on CRC :eek:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=21951

But beware not all the parts have good prices. Better to compare with german bikeshops.

My sadles always get cuts on the leather in the edges whisch I hate to see, so this one will be better with slick shiny carbon. I'll post its weight when it arrives.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Currently using my Kit Carbonio Flow for 24 Hr Endurance....Comfortable....Cannot speak for the Tek Flow but I'm sure that must be comfortable as well....Prices for a lot of components seem to be getting out of hand but a little shopping seems to go a long way....Good Luck !

·
Registered
340 Posts
sergio_pt said:
Better to compare with german bikeshops.
Prices can be quite good ordering from US with Chain Reaction after considering the exchange rate and after subtracting the VAT. Are there any German online shops that you would recommend? I'm wondering if German branded goods would be cheaper.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.