Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
over researcher
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm one of those folks who have been using Ti Flite saddles since I first started riding. I've heard the new Flites don't fit the same as they used to. What is a good saddle to replace the Flite with?

Oh yeah, I like to climb almost as much as I like to descend.

·
Registered
439 Posts
a) pretty sure there's still a fair few old style Flites out there

b) I get on pretty well with the SLR - basically a Flite without the excess bits. Surprisingly comfortable, and I've not broken it yet (touch wood). Not really a DH/FR saddle, but should be fine for everything else.

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
Funny, I have been dealing with the same thing. You can buy the original Flite from Cambria, but they now have an alloy rail rather than Ti. I have the new Flite and it is very comfortable. It has 1 serious drawback though. At the back of the saddle, there is a piece that sticks outward at about a 45 degree angle. Not sure why, but it is a serious nut crucher when behind the saddle, and even worse, it hooks your shorts, This is a serious turnoff for me.

I moved over to the WTB Silverado, which has a very similar profile, similar padding, but it has the love channel, and some cool cutouts at the sit bones in the shell. It took me a while to get the positioning right. I recently wrecked my Sultan and changed out the Silverado for my Flite. I really like the Silverado. The cutouts are really comfy.

Here is the link to the Flite http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?id=52682&page=SELLE+ITALIA+FLITE+CLASSIC+GEL+BICYCLE+SADDLE

·
Single Malt
958 Posts
Sellel Italia.....

.....Yutaak. I gave this saddle a try, and have not taken it off my rigid SS since. I used to only ride Flytes or SLR's. I am using the one without the cutout, and love it. It does "dampen" the bumps!!

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Jon Edwards said:
a) pretty sure there's still a fair few old style Flites out there

b) I get on pretty well with the SLR - basically a Flite without the excess bits. Surprisingly comfortable, and I've not broken it yet (touch wood). Not really a DH/FR saddle, but should be fine for everything else.
agreed...i run SLR XP and SLR XC and like em alot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.