Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
He be a moose too.
2,174 Posts
I like them and either have them on my bikes or am going to be replacing them.

I have broken one (possibly two). The TI rails broke just in front of where the seat post clamps the rails. I don't know about currently, but at the time the TI seats weren't covered under warranty very well.

Yeah, parts break, that's the way of it, but the saddle is comfortable, at last IMHBO (In My Humble Buttocks Opinion).

'Guin

·
Registered
236 Posts
pinguwin said:
I like them and either have them on my bikes or am going to be replacing them.

I have broken one (possibly two). The TI rails broke just in front of where the seat post clamps the rails. I don't know about currently, but at the time the TI seats weren't covered under warranty very well.

Yeah, parts break, that's the way of it, but the saddle is comfortable, at last IMHBO (In My Humble Buttocks Opinion).

'Guin
EVO 3 is way better than 1 and 2. I mean stronger,,,,,,

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,761 Posts
Love 'em

I have 2 of these in service now. Very comfortable; more forgiving/flexy than a regular Flite.
I've broken 3, ironically all while commuting around town, not on the trail or 40 miles into a road ride. All three broke the same. The piece of carbon in the nose that the seat rails anchors into snapped out. Superglue or epoxy can get you a few hundred more miles after this but it will continue to break there.

Yup, no warranty as it is a race day only saddle according to 2 different Selle Italia reps I talked to....and as with almost any other part or frame: use in competition voids the warranty.

EDIT: Pinguwin, Need a set of rails?

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Redux...

I got about 3 hours of hard riding in on my new Evolution (1st generation) today. My butt was impressed. It's not as soft but feels more flexy and forgiving. But hey, it's a flite... or at least the shape of one.... The bottom edges are a little rough and caught the inside of my legs a couple of times. I hope mine fairs better over the long run.

Shayne,

Couldn't you use the same epoxy they use to glue carbon fibre frames to fix it?

·
He be a moose too.
2,174 Posts
Shayne said:
EDIT: Pinguwin, Need a set of rails?
Thanks for asking but the broken saddle was losts to the mists of some quite a while ago.

I like the saddle enough that if I break one, it's ok, I'll buy a new one. Currently I have them on two of my bikes and am patiently watching ebay for a deal on one.

'Guin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.