Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi y'all

last week end we went in Val Gardena for 2 days.saturday we rode near Ortisei with our mtb,sunday we did the Sella Ronda ride with the road bikea.All roads were closed for cars,motorcycles and..whatever smell of oil and we can not resist.Here some pics.

day 1
the climbing to "Rifugio Rasciesa"

just arrived

going down

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
Dolomites are always good

Great pics.

I've done the Sella Ronda a couple times on skis. Love that superski pass...

Ummm, Duo Espressi, Duo Grapa puerfo vor!

·
Shaman
636 Posts
Thanks, I wanted to see what Val Gardena looks like in the summer. I was there a few years ago snowboarding and there were a lot of inviting trails peeking out on the south facing slopes. I must return for a summer visit.

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
oh that just hurts. I have been there many times in the winter to ski, as my mother-in-law grew up there (predazzo) and there is a family house.

i was supposed to fly there yesterday for a 2 month stay, my first time there in the summer, but our daughter has medical issues that keep us home in the USA. we had to cancel our tickets.

seeing those pics just bums me out a bit. oh well. could be worse.

i have skiied the sella ronda many times. i did an awesome backcountry ski trip last new years eve down the marmolada. i have skiied passo pordoi and always wanted to do the 4 passes on a road bike like you have done. are those the palle di san martino in the background?

that is a beautiful area. hopefully next summer... i can almost taste the porcini mushrooms and puzzone di moena cheese.

please post more summertime pics if you have them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jh_on_the_cape said:
oh that just hurts. I have been there many times in the winter to ski, as my mother-in-law grew up there (predazzo) and there is a family house.

i was supposed to fly there yesterday for a 2 month stay, my first time there in the summer, but our daughter has medical issues that keep us home in the USA. we had to cancel our tickets.

seeing those pics just bums me out a bit. oh well. could be worse.

i have skiied the sella ronda many times. i did an awesome backcountry ski trip last new years eve down the marmolada. i have skiied passo pordoi and always wanted to do the 4 passes on a road bike like you have done. are those the palle di san martino in the background?

that is a beautiful area. hopefully next summer... i can almost taste the porcini mushrooms and puzzone di moena cheese.

please post more summertime pics if you have them.
well no,those are not the pale di san martino.
here the view of the marmolada

oh yeah,i already miss il puzzone di moena and canederli as well but,you know,i can go back there this week end........

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
Hi, I am back in Predazzo this month with my mtb, in case anyone on MTBR is here. Looking to find some good singletrack, I have been riding the strade bianche. Did giro di latemar yesterday.
Any info on Val di Fassa, Val di Fiemme singletrack would be appreciated. Thanks!! Send a PM if you reply, so I am sure not to miss it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.