Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 Commencal meta Am is a great bike, but with the new coming of Shimano slx 12 speed, I’ve really been wanting to throw some money at it for upgrades. Namely a fox 36, slx 4 pots, slx 12 speed, and some DT 511s.

However Commencal has the meta 4.2 in a 29er with all those exact parts for $3299..

Now I don’t have much money to spend at the moment, but I’m thinking I could sell my Commencal for $1800, and save for a few months or so to get the new Commencal.

Basically I’m torn between slowly updating my bike as I get the funds, or just cash her in.

Any ideas tips, or maybe what a 2016 Commencal meta am essentials is worth? With a full suspension rebuild and Shimano slx 2pots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
With the amount you plan to upgrade, new bike may make sense.

However, I wouldn't rely on getting $1800 before actually having gotten the money. Depends on your market, but biked lose value quickly with new technology coming out.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Get the new bike if you can possibly afford it. Especially if you ride often you’ll be glad and your current bike is losing value by the day. Just sold my girlfriend’s 2017meta am race in perfect condition for $2K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.