Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Addicted
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've grown fond of the Blur 4x frames appearance and geometry as a do everything bike(mostly trail bike).
I'm 5'11 and looking at the large.

Working on shop wages I have little spare cash so I figured I would go with a Large blue frame, D AM kit, 32 Talas fork and upgrade through the year.

I've ridden and owned VPP bikes in the past. I loved the Nomad on trails. My M3 was horrible. Braking bumps chattered it horribly, sprinting out of corners dropped the bars too far into my lap, sprinting in general just felt aweful and too squishy. The bike just felt aweful during DH runs. I love my Foes(w/floating brake on the DH). This leaves me with mixed feelings toward the VPP and I'm not sure if I want to pull the trigger and place the order or not.
The Heckler would be a great option except that the geomtry is either too short or the seat tube too high.

What can you tell me to convince me to buy the Blur 4x?

·
Registered
680 Posts
That you should buy an LT2, Actually the most fun trail bike I have ever ridden. I rode one in Downieville, and the thing felt like a 7 inch bike until I over cleared a hit and sent my self out like 30 feet to almost, only time I felt the bike bottom (and not harshly)

·
Addicted
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nevermind on the Blur 4x. Santa Cruz is out and not taking any orders. I'd be paying more than I can afford to go to another shop to buy one. So I'm up in the air now.
I liked that the Blur 4x had a sub-18" seat tube and a 23.5" top tube.

·
Addicted
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny you mention that. I was just got done filling out my Mongoose dealer app and just so happened to be on their site looking to see what I can grab up from them.

I think that Mongoose Team DH walmart bike may just put your "VP-Free wishing it were a Nomad" to shame.... just kidding.

-Kevin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.