Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
This place needs an enema
16,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LBS can't find any Exi's in stock anywhere, and I'd really like to have a few more as mine are getting beat. Anyone that's tried 'em and didn't like them or doesn't want them, please contact me at [email protected] dot net. I'll gladly trade a similar condition tire (I've got lots) or buy them outright.

Step right up!

Thanks,

MC

·
zeebot
1,125 Posts
mikesee said:
My LBS can't find any Exi's in stock anywhere, and I'd really like to have a few more as mine are getting beat. Anyone that's tried 'em and didn't like them or doesn't want them, please contact me at [email protected] dot net. I'll gladly trade a similar condition tire (I've got lots) or buy them outright.

Step right up!

Thanks,

MC
Mike,
perhaps we could work something out. I have one that's used for one week. I doubt I'll use it again. I could bring it along with me when I fly out to CO for the race. Email me if you still need one.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Speedgoat.com (888 545 4628) just got a shipment of Exis in yesterday. I just called and tried to get them to hold one for you, Mike, but they said no way. Act quick! Said they have sold 230+ plus Exis so far. Sounds like a hot tire to me! Mine are on the way.

-AR

·
Team Velveeta™
3,079 Posts
Absolute in Salida has several

mikesee said:
My LBS can't find any Exi's in stock anywhere, and I'd really like to have a few more as mine are getting beat...
Absolute Bikes still has half a dozen or so. Not sure Shawn can afford to donate them, but we have them. Wire bead. Are there folding Exis?

http://absolutebikes.com/home.php

I just put an Exi up front a couple rides ago. The Exi won my little eeny-meeny contest against the Maxxis. I did not expect to think it was any better than Jones ACX for a front tire. But, I was wrong. The Exi is a wonderful front tire for our local conditions. Wonderful. Tracks as well or better than a Jones, and has sidewalls that are thicker than a condom. Really pleased with it.

And the rear tire I've LOVING for a few weeks? The Schwalbe. May not be as fat as a motoraptor, but that thing corners, and the breaking/climbing traction is REALLY good. Doesn't interfere with my front derailleur at all either.

The Maxxis looks like it will be pretty good either front or rear.

Ain't it cool to get a smattering of new tires, and have them be kick a$$?

·
A hopped on pop.
1,397 Posts
SlowSSer said:
does webcyclery have them?
yep...spoke to kevin today. they have the exiwolfs!!!

i just ordered a mary bar along with a exiwolf/ignitor tire combo. should be a sweet set up for rigid ss riding here in so cal.

·
zeebot
1,125 Posts
Kam said:
yep...spoke to kevin today. they have the exiwolfs!!!

i just ordered a mary bar along with a exiwolf/ignitor tire combo. should be a sweet set up for rigid ss riding here in so cal.
I really liked the exi/ign combo when I was full rigid. now that i have 3" of love up front i went with both ignitors. traction is still really good but not quite as tacky as the exi up front.

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
mikesee said:

Step right up!

Thanks,

MC
Hey Mike, you're likely set up with Exi's for life now..but the Path has many exi's in stock now. I bought 2 this afternoon along with 2 salso pro-moto 11 degree sweep flat bars! tasty!
give 'em a call if you haven't got your hands on any yet...or if'n yer desperate, you can grab mine....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.