Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just wanted to post this on here and see if anyone had any clues to what might be causing this. I purchased my sektor about two months ago from green fish adventure sports. I've included photos of the fork so that you guys can actually see what it looks like. The spot on the left stanchion is from me touching it. Any ideas? Thank you.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Sometimes, when you lube stanchions and such, a small amount of oil may get trapped in the joint of stanchion and crown.

However, it's odd that it's not a full ring all around the stanchion but rather just a spot.

Clean it, using some isopropyl alcohol. If it appears again, contact the shop where you bought it for warranty. A fork should not leak from there.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so I sent an email to greenfish, along with the photos. Hopefully I get a reply back soon, although, it probably won't be until sometime next week probably.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, so greenfish has "ceased operations"! Just got an email back telling me to just contact Sram/Rock shox directly. Anyone got a good phone number or email for me?

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Contact SRAM
World Headquarters

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
SRAM Corporation
1333 N. Kingsbury, 4th Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60622
Phone: +1-312-664-8800
Fax: +1-312-664-8826

That being said, they'll direct you to a local dealer. Might as well just go to the most prominent bike shop in your community.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts