Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
This place needs an enema
16,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know who this is?

I was cued up to snap a pic of my buddy hitting the creek gap at the bottom of Dirt Merchant when a horde of guys/gals came flying through. Used some of them to fire off test shots to get the camera settings right. Rider above is on a new DHR. And that's a looooong ways across that gap.

For giggles, here's a different shot from the same set. Dude cased the landing HARD. No surprise he's on mismatched wheels--no way, no how is any rear wheel gonna survive that kind of hit under a mammal that large.

Lastly, I can't be me and not post this one. Skippy on a 29" DH bike. Ripping, all day long.

Cheers,

MC

·
30-ton War Machine
793 Posts
did he have checkboard graphics on the frame? If so, kidwoo in the hizzy.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
thats my buddy eric and I had him follow me into that jump his first time hitting it last weekend, just like I followed 1soulrider into it my first time the week before (3 generations of DHR riders, makes my heart happy, haha), that lip needs a little more boost though, imo.

btw, got to take a couple runs on 1SR's new DHR, that bike rips, can't wait to get mine.

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Oh Orange looks HAWT

DAng it

Tylers bikes always look good, even the poka dotted DHR like mine was scweet :thumbsup:

Pity Sram won;t return my calls for a product tester job lol maybe one day when I'm like Dusty I'll make it :D

unlikely, white gold is not my color :p

·
Discernibly Turgid
227 Posts
Saw a few new DHR's a couple weeks ago up there, including a couple riding a pair of polished ones that looked dope. Saw the carbon V10 too.

We were there for the re-opening of Dirt Merchant. You really have to give 'er to make the big side of the creek gap now. I'm sure that thing is gonna claim some rear rims. You can basically go as fast as you can into it now - it flys pretty low.

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
Zak said:
Saw a few new DHR's a couple weeks ago up there, including a couple riding a pair of polished ones that looked dope. Saw the carbon V10 too.

We were there for the re-opening of Dirt Merchant. You really have to give 'er to make the big side of the creek gap now. I'm sure that thing is gonna claim some rear rims. You can basically go as fast as you can into it now - it flys pretty low.
I can't tell from the pics, is the wooden structure gone on the right side of the creek gap? Is it now built up with dirt? I hope so.

·
Yes, that's fonetic
3,893 Posts
tiSS'er said:
Ah...thanks. Looks like the gap is a bit bigger as well. Can't wait til next year!
Supposed to be 9' longer. An instructor said he thought it looked as though they'd just covered the wood with dirt, that the shape hadn't changed much and it was kinda sketchy...he thought it was the most dangerous jump on the mountain.

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
I had no idea Rosie O'Donnell was into riding.

Attachments

·
30-ton War Machine
793 Posts
Oh that is who that is... I thought Chris Farley had been raised from the grave and was riding a GIANT!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts