Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
CBaron said:
found this on ebay.... square taper, 170 MM and somewhat silver-ish. They're not mine..I'm from TX!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7206216726#description

Now if you run accross a silver pair in 175...I expect the same courtesy!
I suspect mikesee will be snapping these up! He used to have that as a "want ad" in his signature, "170mm square taper cranks", so I wouldn't be surprised to see them go his way!

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
I guess I could drill an extra set of pedal threads in my 185mm's :)
Stiffness improvement! Weight savings! Ride with stretched knees at all times! :)

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
teamdicky said:
Are square taper 170's rare? Or just Race Face sq 170's?
Just wondering as I am looking to get my son on some longer cranks on his SS. He currently has Sugino 170's.
I think it was the Race Face cranks, specifically that he (mikesee) wanted, so yes, quite odd to see these. I have always used 180mm myself and that's what's going on my new Inbred 29"er. However; Wes Williams and the Crested Butte crowd have always been devotees of the 170mm crank for 29"er usage. That's probably why mikesee got started on 'em, and they probably just plain work for him. Go figure, he likes major trail figures on his fork geometry as well. Different strokes for different folks!

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
okee dokee

Guitar Ted said:
I think it was the Race Face cranks, specifically that he (mikesee) wanted, so yes, quite odd to see these. I have always used 180mm myself and that's what's going on my new Inbred 29"er. However; Wes Williams and the Crested Butte crowd have always been devotees of the 170mm crank for 29"er usage. That's probably why mikesee got started on 'em, and they probably just plain work for him. Go figure, he likes major trail figures on his fork geometry as well. Different strokes for different folks!
Maybe I will hold onto them then, just in case I ever "fall into line".

·
Student of the Bike
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guitar Ted said:
I suspect mikesee will be snapping these up! He used to have that as a "want ad" in his signature, "170mm square taper cranks", so I wouldn't be surprised to see them go his way!
I believe there is also another person who has them in their sig line too. I read it just the other day.

FYI- My personal quest is for silver, 58/94BCD, preferably in a Race Face flavor. I just got my WW's frame in and really want to run 20-30-42t setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.