Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a compliant shallow drop (125 ish), short reach (80 or less) bar with just a little flare. The few I've liked best had 12 degrees or less. The bars I'm on now (EA50) are uncomfortable even with good tape and a high volume low tire pressure; the GRX hoods are not a good match with my hands, ha, and while the drops/bar tape are nice, the flare is only 4 degrees, I think.

Alloy preferred, not a brick, too, 44-46 (don't think I need the likes of a PNW Coast bar).

·
Human Test Subject
1,482 Posts
Cowbells are a bit flexier than the Ritcheys I've had and match your specs almost exactly with 12° of flare. FSA has some road bars that are about the same reach/drop but with a subtle flair. Their Energy handlebars are 4°.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I have two extremes Enve Compact model I had to take with my bike build, and Ritchey ErgoMax with less flare than the Salsa bars on our Fargo. The Enve are nicer than I want to admit as is my new Moots, but the $45 Ritcheys on another bike help prove diminishing returns as you spend. None I've tried are compliant like the Enve. They with the Moots frame cost a lot but have allowed my aging body to spend hours more on a bike.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was looking at expensive carbon versions of the above recommendations. Saves 70 grams in a 44, I'm guessing? Don't want to start thread about carbon bar compliance vs tire psi/width/wheel build since I'm thinking of a RedShift one day. Oh well, one can dream when it's $55 vs $225.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.