Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Seeking china direct carbon frame with close to Specialized Epic HT geometry, and as reliable as a china direct frame can be

10K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jimPacNW 
#1 ·
Seems there were some massive multi year "which china frame to buy" threads, but most seem out of date.

I've looked at BXT, SPCycle etc, and reviews seem honestly pretty good, with just a few people here and there having terrible luck.

What I want, is a poor mans Specialized Epic HT geometry frame (I typically ride Large/19" frames), with boost fork and a threaded bb shell.

Any input would be appreciated. I need to download the geometry or the BXT boost frame, the SPCycle and the other Aliexpress ones, and then HongFu (who used to be the supplier of choice in the forum) have one. Just curious if someone else has done this recently and has successfully built one up.

This is the BXT I think, and is similar to what I'm thinking of. I've got a cobbled together Rockhopper 29er, but the frame is one size too big, and as it's so entry level, it's crazy heavy. My hope is the Epic clone is lighter (not after the lightest frame, but something in the 1100-1300 gram range) and has more modern geometry. I'll be bringing across my XT 1x10 setup and decent wheels and parts (only the frame is original on my rockhopper).

Thanks,

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't know if this counts as "direct". And I have no personal experience. But:

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.