Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Powered by ice cream.
Joined
·
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave Nice invited me out for a ride with the Over The Edge Hurricane crew.

What a great day. Schnebly road to Damofino across Oak Creek to Jim Thompson to Secret....or something like that. I just followed the guy in front of me who seemed to know where he was going.

Highlights included the climb up to the saddle, the Damofino descent, and the multiple staircase ascents and descents on Jim Thompson.

A fine, fine day. With great folks.































 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,540 Posts
Great Pictures! Good to see you folks getting out on Damifino, that trail will definitely let you get your mind off any personal problems you might have.

TD
 

·
EDR
Joined
·
10,433 Posts
Nice!

I've gotta hit some Sedona stuff with a local. We've done Hangover but I gotta find the H...E trail, whatever that is, plus I need to do Damifino next time, just not sure what to link that up with for a full days fun.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,540 Posts
eatdrinkride said:
Nice!

I've gotta hit some Sedona stuff with a local. We've done Hangover but I gotta find the H...E trail, whatever that is, plus I need to do Damifino next time, just not sure what to link that up with for a full days fun.
Some people do an out and back on the upper section of Hangover before they drop down Damifino. Then they ride all the way out Damifido and drop down Lavitra to the Killer Bee Waterfall over to Brew Pub to Damifidon't to Casner to Grasshopper to Wilson to Jim Thompson to Bird Cage to JT to Jordon to the Powerhouse Plunge to the Nineway to Cenntenial to Crusifixion to Second Comming and out to 89A and Burger King, if you are hungry or need water.

It's a way cool route, if you know where your going. That makes for about an18 to 20 mile ride. If you need to extend your ride there is about 10 to 12 miles of trails in Secret Trails and you can hook-up onto Lost and Found, Grand Central, Ant Hill, Roller Coaster, Double Trouble, Soldiers Pass, Skid Mark, Mouse Fingers, Wash Up or Missing in Action for additional fun.
 

·
Flight Junkie
Joined
·
832 Posts
Hey. Where does Damifino trailhead start? Also are there any grouprides in Sedona? Thanks

traildoc said:
Great Pictures! Good to see you folks getting out on Damifino, that trail will definitely let you get your mind off any personal problems you might have.

TD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
V02 deficient said:
Enel,
Is that a FS SS with no tensioner? How does the chain remain in tension? Is the chainstay fixed-length via BB-centric suspension or something?
Never mind! I did some stalking for a few minutes on your previous posts to figure it out. Wow, I didn't know the Milk Money was out there -- been dreaming of a fixed chainstay length FS for a Rohloff project and have been struggling with the idea of putting an EBB on a Haro 650b to accomplish that goal. No more struggling.
 

·
Powered by ice cream.
Joined
·
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
V02 deficient said:
Never mind! I did some stalking for a few minutes on your previous posts to figure it out. Wow, I didn't know the Milk Money was out there -- been dreaming of a fixed chainstay length FS for a Rohloff project and have been struggling with the idea of putting an EBB on a Haro 650b to accomplish that goal. No more struggling.
Doh!

Sorry I didn't see your post.

If you search under my name and Milk Money, you will find tons of info. It is my favorite bike and I would love to give you any info you like about it.
 

·
Elitest thrill junkie
Joined
·
38,854 Posts
IBIKEAZ said:
Hey. Where does Damifino trailhead start? Also are there any grouprides in Sedona? Thanks
Same place as Hangover.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,619 Posts
traildoc said:
Some people do an out and back on the upper section of Hangover before they drop down Damifino. Then they ride all the way out Damifido and drop down Lavitra to the Killer Bee Waterfall over to Brew Pub to Damifidon't to Casner to Grasshopper to Wilson to Jim Thompson to Bird Cage to JT to Jordon to the Powerhouse Plunge to the Nineway to Cenntenial to Crusifixion to Second Comming and out to 89A and Burger King, if you are hungry or need water.

It's a way cool route, if you know where your going. That makes for about an18 to 20 mile ride. If you need to extend your ride there is about 10 to 12 miles of trails in Secret Trails and you can hook-up onto Lost and Found, Grand Central, Ant Hill, Roller Coaster, Double Trouble, Soldiers Pass, Skid Mark, Mouse Fingers, Wash Up or Missing in Action for additional fun.
Is there a map of all of the above trails? Or is it all personal knowledge?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top