Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Team 9.8
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We went to Sedona last year to ride and let me tell you, we literally rode from the front of our hotel room from the Red Agave onto the trail, it was awesome! We rode a bunch of the trails right there and had a ton of fun. I just wanted to let you guys know if you are ever around Sedona that this is a great place to stay and ride bikes, our ride is below, you can see us leave from the front of the hotel straight to the trail haha! :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR00CdSP0zA

·
Registered
119 Posts
I guess I'll be the cynical one today. This wouldn't be one them not so hidden agenda posts, would it? Mucho exclamation points make me uncomfortable.

·
Team 9.8
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, I just really liked Sedona.

I live in Colorado and it was a great trip for us, we had it recommended to us to stay in the Red Agave, which happened to be literally on the trail head which was perfect for us, nothing like waking up and just riding straight on the trail. The scenery there was incredible, coming from a desert environment in Western Colorado I was expecting the dull sandy colors, but everything was red and awesome. It was just a great trip overall, I haven't been too active on this forum until now so I figured I would post it so people could see how close it really was to the hotel and take a trip if they wanted to.

I think this year I'm going to try and ride Flagstaff with the big bike if there is some downhill worthy stuff there, which I'm sure there is!

·
Team 9.8
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Team 9.8
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have 28 posts, I am literally brand new to this forum, my join date back in August 2012 was to make like 2 posts and then I haven't been on since until now. Obviously now I see why I haven't been back, if you don't want my post in the Arizona section feel free to remove it, I really don't care that much, I was merely trying to get people to know about Sedona and watch my video that has all of like 10 views so that they could see the trails in Sedona and how close it was to the hotel/how fun it was for us.

As for Western Colorado, it is a super small community where I live, the more people we can get involved with biking the better, there are only so many small groups out here I have touched base with and am looking to spread our wings even further. Many people may not even be involved in the main community groups in Colorado that would never know about some of the trails that exist in our area, not to mention tourists, etc.

Now I see why I had all of 2 posts when I can't even post 1 thing without being harassed.

·
Team 9.8
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Next I am sure you will post a link to the Kansas page, which is where I am originally from, posting about a trail that literally only a few people know about, and is probably one of the best in the entire area.

But that's fine, MTBR isn't about mountain biking, I guess it's about trolling the internet?

·
Team 9.8
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

That is the wife in the front, pretty good rider for only riding for a little over a year

My video had music originally, I had to remove it because of stupid YouTube not allowing me to post it due to third party content. I uploaded the original with music to vimeo, link below :thumbsup:

·
Team 9.8
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah the dirt was amazing, it was about 55 with a light sprinkle. Just enough water falling to get you cold if you stopped, but the dirt grabbed like crazy.

I'm pretty sure I'd move there if I didn't like Colorado so much, the scenery was awesome, and the food in town was amazing, great area. We were looking into trying out South Mountain in Phoenix this year so we could bring the big bikes.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
But that's fine, MTBR isn't about mountain biking, I guess it's about trolling the internet?
Like Rockman said, the AZ forum isn't used to somebody just being happy. There are a lot of cynical people, a few sarcastic a$$holes, and some people just looking for a fight. For example, I am usually a sarcastic moron on here. :) Thanks for the stoke.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Sedona is a great place to work on skills. I've been riding down there 2-3 times a week or so over the winter and my skills on the rocks have gone up an incredible amount. I still suck on downhill work, but I'm getting better, very slowly, but I am getting better. Technical climbing, and generally navigating rocks have been the two areas I've seen the most improvement.

This was the most recent ride I did in Sedona: Bike Ride Profile | 18 miles near Sedona | Times and Records | Strava

Probably my favorite loop down there. 19 new PRs, and I'm in the top 20 on Mescal. WOOT!

I just wish Sedona was a little larger geographically with some more open type cross country type trails.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Sedona is a great place to work on skills. I've been riding down there 2-3 times a week or so over the winter and my skills on the rocks have gone up an incredible amount. I still suck on downhill work, but I'm getting better, very slowly, but I am getting better. Technical climbing, and generally navigating rocks have been the two areas I've seen the most improvement.

This was the most recent ride I did in Sedona: Bike Ride Profile | 18 miles near Sedona | Times and Records | Strava

Probably my favorite loop down there. 19 new PRs, and I'm in the top 20 on Mescal. WOOT!

I just wish Sedona was a little larger geographically with some more open type cross country type trails.
Keep in mind only 17 people have ridden Mescal, so top 20.......... :)

·
Registered
640 Posts

Are you the KOM Krusher?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts