Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
stand-up-pride said:
Gonna be up in Sedona to bring in the New Year anyone up for a ride? Places? Meeting spots? Looking for some moderate to serious XC 16-25miles or around that. Thanks for reading.
Check in with Bike & Bean and see wha they have going on. Mt. Bike Heaven has a group going out, but there is NO WAY they are going to travel 16 miles let alone 25 miles. The weather looks like it will be nice. Trail conditions were nearly perfect today.

I took a touron out today from Santa Cruz and showed him the extra special stuff. I remember him saying something like that is the best ride I have ever done (in Sedona).

These pictures from a recent article in Mountain Flyer show the area we were riding in.

TD

Attachments

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
stand-up-pride said:
Thanks for the info. Are you riding in the next cpl days? Drop me a line or text 928-208-8728. Aaron.
Aaron:

New Years ride at Mountain Bike Heaven met at 10:15 AM. See you there, hopefully. Trails were near perfect today.

TD

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,824 Posts
Missed it, but I rode Upper Slim Shady, Templeton to Buddah, bactracked to HT, Chicken Point to High on the Hog, Mystic, Chapel, Chicken pt and HT again, Lower Slim Shady, and back...all on the glorious Highline (plus, I got pretty good directions to highline at B&B). Gotta love Sedona. Not that many riders out today either. I was the one riding the 46-47lb bike.

Trails were pretty good. A few really slick spots on HOTH, but not many. A few wet spots too, but starting earlier they were pretty frozen. On a scale of 1-10 I'd say the trails were easily an 8 or so. 9-10 would be for moist tacky trails with no mud or ice. Still, pretty darn good.

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
Jayem said:
Missed it, but I rode Upper Slim Shady, Templeton to Buddah, bactracked to HT, Chicken Point to High on the Hog, Mystic, Chapel, Chicken pt and HT again, Lower Slim Shady, and back...all on the glorious Highline (plus, I got pretty good directions to highline at B&B). Gotta love Sedona. Not that many riders out today either. I was the one riding the 46-47lb bike.

Trails were pretty good. A few really slick spots on HOTH, but not many. A few wet spots too, but starting earlier they were pretty frozen. On a scale of 1-10 I'd say the trails were easily an 8 or so. 9-10 would be for moist tacky trails with no mud or ice. Still, pretty darn good.
Jayem:

Thanks for the nice report. We did Chuck Wagon today and it was sloppy in the north facing shady spots, Mescal was perfect. Yesterday's south facing ride in the Red Rock Crossing Area was totally dry and tacky.

TD

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
stand-up-pride said:
What a great day of riding. I underestimated Sedona. I had no idea. Thanks TrailDoc and all the other Sedona folk for showing me around. Come to Havasu anytime so i can return the hospitality.
Aaron:

I was glad you showed up for the ride. Too bad you had to go through the dopey period, but it wouldn't have been a true MBH ride w/o the safety meeting. Thanks again for treating me to lunch, it was appreciated greatly.

After the ride I had to soak in the tub for several hours to try and rejuvenate my body for today's ride. You would have loved the ride today.

Give me a call when you come back with your buddies and we can check out some of the more exciting trails.

TD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.