Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know any easy trails that I can hit with my family in Sedona / Flag? My wife has a baby seat on her rig for our little one, so I am talking very easy.

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
Polymer said:
Anyone know any easy trails that I can hit with my family in Sedona / Flag? My wife has a baby seat on her rig for our little one, so I am talking very easy.
Sedona- Bell Rock Pathway is probably the trail for you. Don't buy into the tour for $200. With a little homework you can do the ride on your own. That being said if you have lots of money do the tour and you can get a lecture on the history of Sedona included in the tour. You can get the history lesson also by reading information at the tourist center.

Why isn't the baby seat on your bike? I she a better rider? Does she have any problem riding up a 3% grade?

You better be prepared to start your ride before 8 AM., if you are coming soon.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TrailDoc
She has the hard tail so the babyseat can stay on her bike without too much issue. Also, we have a 5year old little girl that loves to ride, so the easy trail is mostly for her. She is a trooper and rides about 5-10 miles with me in the dirt but mostly flat trails

thanks for the feedback!

·
dirt visionary
6,504 Posts
Flag is going to provide a cooler climate and nice shaded trails . I am not a flag local so I don't know the low down on the local singletrack.Hopefully someone will pop in .

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
In Flagstaff you could take a spin around te loop in Buffalo Park. Tread is cinders and 4 or 5' wide. Great views. The Cambell Mesa trail system has 3 loops that are pretty easy. My 8 yr old tackles it just fine. A little more work would be the Fort Valley trail system. Out and back or a loop. Also, the Soldier trail at Fort Tuthill is about a 5 mile loop that isn't too hard. That's about it for bikes with baby seats.

Your kids will cook in Sedona. The radiant heat off of the rocks just magnifies it. I would save it for Flagstaff but it's still rather hot here as well for the chitlins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts