Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been given the OK to let MTBR mountain bikers country wide know that Sedona is having its first Fat Tire Festival on April 23-24. As many riders know Sedona's has fun technical trails that cater to advanced intermediate or higher skilled riders.

The end of April is normally an ideal time to ride in Sedona, due to its perfect climate at that time. Many riders around the country who are normally stuck in a crummy springtime condition at that time of year, might seriously consider giving Sedona a try ,to prove it is in fact a mountain bikers paradise. If you haven't been to Sedona in the last two years, you are in for an unbelievable riding experience.

I, and other Sedona locals, will be showing the attendees a great riding experience. As the self-appointed Sedona mountain biking ambassador my mission is to give visiting mountain bikers the best riding experience for their hard earned vaction dollar.

I am attaching one of my never completed information pieces for some trails and rides that might put a smile on your face. I have numerous other Sedona rides in Everytrail.com that might give you a more comprehensive review of our vast trail system. Just search under traildoc to get a full list.

I hear Ibis and Turner are on board, so it might give you an opportunity to check out a 5" or 6" rig on one of the best trail systems in the country.

As a side note the Sea Otter is the week before the Sedona event and the Fruita Fat Tire Festival is a week after.

Hope to see you at the event,

TD
 

Attachments

·
Bandolero
Joined
·
2,438 Posts
Thriller

Great. I needed something to fill that weekend. Going to Sedona always get's me closer to god and Easter's always a good time to go out hunting for the Zombie Jeebus.

Bando's are planning a trip out there next weekend. I plan on getting them lost on Spec-Ed. Alert the authorities.

traildoc said:
I have been given the OK to let MTBR mountain bikers country wide know that Sedona is having its first Fat Tire Festival on April 23-24. As many riders know Sedona's has fun technical trails that cater to advanced intermediate or higher skilled riders.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
notaknob said:
Great. I needed something to fill that weekend. Going to Sedona always get's me closer to god and Easter's always a good time to go out hunting for the Zombie Jeebus.

Bando's are planning a trip out there next weekend. I plan on getting them lost on Spec-Ed. Alert the authorities.
The Oak Creek Brewery might be doing a special label beer for the event. What flavor would you like them to make up?

Check out this ride, it is 58 miles and includes Special Ed
 

Attachments

·
Bandolero
Joined
·
2,438 Posts
Schutzenliesel

I could do that ride in 2-3 days.

I prefer Dunkle Hefeweizens, Paulaner or Franziskaner. I'll bring an ale for this.

traildoc said:
The Oak Creek Brewery might be doing a special label beer for the event. What flavor would you like them to make up?

Check out this ride, it is 58 miles and includes Special Ed
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MTBNate said:
Is this event in place of the AZ Spring Fling?
Nate:

It is at a different time, so I would say no. I am not the person who came up the idea to do the Festival, I am just helping out with getting the word out. If I was thinking of riding in Sedona I would say the Fat Tire Festival would offer two days of riding rather than one, if that's all your interested in.

Hope that helps,

TD
 

·
mnt bike laws of physics
Joined
·
2,762 Posts
Thanks for the info TD. I really enjoyed the trails you and the misses showed us 3 weeks ago. You really have a great think there. At this point, I am considering the Big Friggin' Loop. If I don't make it to that, I may just go to the festival.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yogiprophet said:
Thanks for the info TD. I really enjoyed the trails you and the misses showed us 3 weeks ago. You really have a great think there. At this point, I am considering the Big Friggin' Loop. If I don't make it to that, I may just go to the festival.
yogi:

We have a new friggin loop for you to try out. Let's do the Thia Spices thing again.

TD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Count me in! YogiBrett.. I would be interested in carpool if you are flying solo... TrailDoc..sick looking map and the ride looks to qualify for an "insert replacement word for EPIC.. especially considering the time of the year" Not sure how much ski legs will translate to a 60 mile Sedona ride.. my mtb bike is littered with cobwebs this time of year... You asked, so I am going to vote for DIPA..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chalkpaw
mtbr member
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 395

Things are coming along nicely for the festival. I am hopeful that Oak Creek Brewery will come up with a special Single Track Ale for the weekend. The Verde Valley Cyclists Coalition is the group putting on the event. For those flying in from cold far away places, be sure to check the accommodations page. You can do this without renting a car! http://web.mac.com/stonecropaz/Site/Welcome.html
 

·
Bandolero
Joined
·
2,438 Posts
This'll be a tight fit into my biking schedule but if someone's got room for an extra bike/body or want's to squeeze into my econo box I'm still interested.

Happy B-Day traildoc! You can sure put the hurt on the yung-uns!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top