Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enough of being sick. I had to escape the house and cold snow. Its just the ticket to travel down the canyon to sedona. I didn't bring my bike but was very content just to walk among cow pies with the new pooch.
I did see about 20 riders go out on the Damfino trail. It seems to be the rage these days. One interesting thing was there were a group of four riders who were obviously locals. Their leader took a couple of alternate lines from the typical trail. All on slickrock, so the next time I'll have to try it out.
Photo 1 Do most desert dogs dislike aqua?
Photo 2. Cool water bubbles
Photo 3. This is the section of trail that has the nasty don't slip or you will die and the steep slab to a dirt hump up to the two rocks that are about 12" apart. The alternate line goes along the thin band of slickrock with the super thin white line. Just about in the middle of the photo there is rectangle clump of pocketed rock. The trail goes above the clump, the alternate goes below the clump. Hmm, i'll have to figure out if i can draw lines on photo.
Photo 4. This is the hike a bike section to the saddle that overlooks towards oak creek. I usually walk the bike up the path on the right side of the slickrock. But there is a ridable section that follows the white streak to the left. It was surprising to see riders go to the far left and switchback right to the saddle. There are a couple of riders in the photo to point the way.
Well, I'm done being sick, its time to ride.

Attachments

·
just 1 more
1,153 Posts
It's possible to ride all the way up on the saddle except for about a 20 foot section where the trail goes into the green, all on the left side of the photo with the sky in it. Actually it's possible to ride all the way from the parking lot.

This is a rider cleaning that white band at the only place you get over it. This is in the middle of your pic at the thick white band.

Also drew the line on you photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, das it! One dude out of the whole shebang made it up over the white band. And I think there was one person who walked their bike from the parking lot to the saddle. Oh, she is telling her boyfriend where to stick it. Well, almost. Its kinda of funny to see people who really have no business on that trail. There was one dude from Texas who was hiding his anger from his buddy who thought that this was some kind of fun. Makes for a good afternoon of people watching.

·
rock crusher
257 Posts
From the saddle (at the top of the ridge facing Oak Creek) there appear to be 2 trails that leave towards the Oak Creek Side... one to the north (right, and ducks into the trees) and one to the south (left, follows the slicrock for a while). Which is Damifino? What is the other trail?

·
just 1 more
1,153 Posts
Pitch said:
From the saddle (at the top of the ridge facing Oak Creek) there appear to be 2 trails that leave towards the Oak Creek Side... one to the north (right, and ducks into the trees) and one to the south (left, follows the slicrock for a while). Which is Damifino? What is the other trail?
The trail to the right is Damfino. If you're standing in the center of the saddle looking at Midgley Bridge and ride straight ahead and drop off of that 5' vertical band down there then take a hard left into the greenery that's Hangover. Terrible little trail. No fun. Don't bother.

He just dropped off the vertical and needs to get stopped and make a quick left.

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
azjeff said:
It's possible to ride all the way up on the saddle except for about a 20 foot section where the trail goes into the green, all on the left side of the photo with the sky in it. Actually it's possible to ride all the way from the parking lot.

This is a rider cleaning that white band at the only place you get over it. This is in the middle of your pic at the thick white band.

Also drew the line on your photo.
az:

Your drawing needs to be modified a little.

Doc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.