Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chad has invited me to set-up an advanced ride for the Spring Fling. Last year we did the Hogs and since then I have been trying to come up with a fun challenging ride that would be flexible enough that we could get a better turn out.

My idea would be to incorporate Cow Pies, Hangover, Munds, Broken Arrow, High on the Hog, Hog Heaven, Szechuan Chicken (if it's completed), Hogalicious, Mystic, Bell Rock, HT, EZZY Sleezy, Slim Shady, H......E, Baldwin, Templeton, Slim Shady and Made in the Shade into one ride.

We would give the people who don't want to do the whole ride the option to either joining in along the way or dropping out whenever they have had enough fun for the day.

If the group upon reaching Baldwin, wants to extend the total ride another hour, we can throw in Pyramid/Witch Doctor,

TD

Attachments

·
Will Guide for Beer
731 Posts
If the ride ends with the Shades, there's a good chance to enjoy beer at the Bean. I'm just sayin :D

Count me IN. :thumbsup:

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,527 Posts
Yeah, I'll probably try to make it.

·
Registered
Pivot Firebird
470 Posts
traildoc said:
Chad has invited me to set-up an advanced ride for the Spring Fling. Last year we did the Hogs and since then I have been trying to come up with a fun challenging ride that would be flexible enough that we could get a better turn out.

My idea would be to incorporate Cow Pies, Hangover, Munds, Broken Arrow, High on the Hog, Hog Heaven, Szechuan Chicken (if it's completed), Hogalicious, Mystic, Bell Rock, HT, EZZY Sleezy, Slim Shady, H......E, Baldwin, Templeton, Slim Shady and Made in the Shade into one ride.

We would give the people who don't want to do the whole ride the option to either joining in along the way or dropping out whenever they have had enough fun for the day.

If the group upon reaching Baldwin, wants to extend the total ride another hour, we can throw in Pyramid/Witch Doctor,

TD
I'd give it a whirl.....Been wanted to do more than my usual Bell Rock - Templeton - Baldwin route...That's all I've done in Sedona!

·
Maui Grown
722 Posts
I'm In. I better start training now, sounds like a LONG day!

·
Just another half mile...
1,092 Posts
Mmmm...Tasty Pork!! I'm in! :thumbsup:

traildoc said:

TD

·
Registered
636 Posts
Oh. That's a big day. I did a version of that in cool november temps and the energy spent riding was comparable to south mountains C2C2C. As usual I didn't take enough food.

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
canyondave said:
I'll be there. How many miles is that anyway?
Good question, but I would guess by the time we are done, 18 to 20 miles. There will be plenty of bailouts or short cuts along the way for those that want to mix it up.

It will be intersting if our $1,000,000 six foot wide sidewalk along Hwy. 179 will be done to get from Schnebly Road over to Broken Arrow easily.

I got word that Szechuan Chicken will probably be finished by the ride date.

TD

Attachments

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Chalkpaw said:
Oh. That's a big day. I did a version of that in cool november temps and the energy spent riding was comparable to south mountains C2C2C. As usual I didn't take enough food.
It's totally adjustable from an estimated six to twenty miles and 800' to 2,500 of cllimbing. Will take 2 1/2 to 5 hours to complete depending when you want to bail.

TD

·
Just another half mile...
1,092 Posts
Hey TD, Where are you planning to start this epic adventure? I will try and estimate the mileage and climbing depending on where you plan to start.

Is Szechuan Chicken the IMBA trail?

traildoc said:
Good question, but I would guess by the time we are done, 18 to 20 miles. There will be plenty of bailouts or short cuts along the way for those that want to mix it up.

It will be intersting if our $1,000,000 six foot wide sidewalk along Hwy. 179 will be done to get from Schnebly Road over to Broken Arrow easily.

I got word that Szechuan Chicken will probably be finished by the ride date.

TD

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.