Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the 'book' is not as big as the ones some of you may have; but with my summer home base in Southern BC; and with riding Utah, Idaho, and Arizona, and Fruita for the last three fall/winters, the last three weeks in Sedona have proven to provide the best all'round freeride riding that I've enjoyed.
Much of that fantastic experience has been the locals that have warmly taken a Canuck under their wing; shown me the good sub-radar trails; and guided me over more than 30 nice singletrack trails. Recent efforts to loop existing trails, using existing game/cattle/horse trails as the route, has really been welcome, as now many rides can be extended, or shortened at will.
The bike shops have all been very helpful also; sharing trail information and organizing riding events..........'Spring Fling' was a blast, and had riders from all over Arizona participating enthusiastically. And Mountain Bike Heaven's Wed. and Sun. rides welcome all visiting riders!
I have even noticed an apparent attitude adjustment in the US Forest Service this year. It seems that USFS actually counts (maybe just on 1 hand so far) mountain bikers as taxpayer/voters! When, finally, the USFS actually invites mountain bikers to consult with them re: trail planning and development, Sedona will really be THE destination.
So, the tip of my toque to the guys and gals of Sedona; builders, maintainers, and hospitable riders. Keep up the great work. Blue Beauty and I will see you in the Fall.
TS

·
Banned
113 Posts
I'm kinda a noob to mountain biking, started 10/10 but Sedona is where I live and it is the only place that I have ridden. I have logged about 200 hours on the trails here and I have probably have ridden with you on one of MBH's Wed/Sun club rides. I'm glad you think Sedona is tops for freeride as I have done some of that myself. The caveat for me is from what I'm hearing (since I have no opinion of anywhere else) is anywhere else is nice too but not as good as Sedona! I don't travel much since moving to Sedona 2 years ago, guess the weekends still feel like a vacation to us, but I am certainly enjoying the trails while learning!:D :thumbsup:

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
TransitionSenior said:
Well, the 'book' is not as big as the ones some of you may have; but with my summer home base in Southern BC; and with riding Utah, Idaho, and Arizona, and Fruita for the last three fall/winters, the last three weeks in Sedona have proven to provide the best all'round freeride riding that I've enjoyed.
Much of that fantastic experience has been the locals that have warmly taken a Canuck under their wing; shown me the good sub-radar trails; and guided me over more than 30 nice singletrack trails. Recent efforts to loop existing trails, using existing game/cattle/horse trails as the route, has really been welcome, as now many rides can be extended, or shortened at will.
The bike shops have all been very helpful also; sharing trail information and organizing riding events..........'Spring Fling' was a blast, and had riders from all over Arizona participating enthusiastically. And Mountain Bike Heaven's Wed. and Sun. rides welcome all visiting riders!
I have even noticed an apparent attitude adjustment in the US Forest Service this year. It seems that USFS actually counts (maybe just on 1 hand so far) mountain bikers as taxpayer/voters! When, finally, the USFS actually invites mountain bikers to consult with them re: trail planning and development, Sedona will really be THE destination.
So, the tip of my toque to the guys and gals of Sedona; builders, maintainers, and hospitable riders. Keep up the great work. Blue Beauty and I will see you in the Fall.
TS
TS:
What is blue beauty?

Attachments

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
TransitionSenior said:
Trust you to have that nice pic of BB in flight on Mescal's sweet spot!
Cheers.
TS
Good to see life isn't over at 67. Hope I ride as good as you, if I live that long.

TD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts