Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have year 2014 Cube acid bike and I'm wondering how should I secure Hailong Max battery to frame. Bottle cage mounts doesn't match the battery base holes. Any ideas to securely mount the battery?

Battery and battery frame:

Bike:

Downtube:

Attachments

·
Biking Like Crazy!
1,424 Posts
I'm using this on my converted bike. Real solid mount.

What motor system are you going to use?

·
Registered
562 Posts
The position mounting brackets or you can cut short lengths of 1/8" to 4/32" rod that fit in the slot full length and use strong twist ties. You still have to get one screw in the bottle cage holder to prevent the battery from spinning. I have drilled a new hole through the metal part of the battery holder as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm using this on my converted bike. Real solid mount.

What motor system are you going to use?
BBS02, that triple bob looks good solution. It's just a bit expensive over 40€ with postage.
The position mounting brackets or you can cut short lengths of 1/8" to 4/32" rod that fit in the slot full length and use strong twist ties. You still have to get one screw in the bottle cage holder to prevent the battery from spinning. I have drilled a new hole through the metal part of the battery holder as well.
Yeah metal rod sounds like a good idea. Maybe I'll get slab of aluminum try to make something out of it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
BBS02, that triple bob looks good solution. It's just a bit expensive over 40€ with postage.

Yeah metal rod sounds like a good idea. Maybe I'll get slab of aluminum try to make something out of it.
Jezz on a re-read I meant 5/32" and Zip ties.

·
Registered
562 Posts

I hope this works ok. Not to good at this and this is a new format. If the picture transfers the rod has rusted a bit but the zip tie goes around the rod, through the slot and around the down tube and tightens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts