Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other build thread got do long I figured I;d start a new one since I finally got it built.

Final Parts list:
Ibex Section 29 Frame
On-One Carbon Fork
X.7 rear derailleur
X.7 trigger shifters
Deore front derailleur
Deore HG-50-9 11-32t cassette
Truvativ Cabon Flat-bar
Ascent Carbon seatpost
Cane Creek S-3 Headset
Truvativ Firex Crankset & Bottom Bracket (26/36/48)
Sram PC 951 9-Speed Chain w/ Powerlink
Avid BB7 Disc Brake Combo Kit (185 front and 160 Back)
Shimano Deore XT centerlock, MAVIC T520 29er wheelset
DT Swiss Centerlock adapter
Shimano M520 SPD Clipless
Ergon GC2 Grips
Nashbar F1 saddle
Truvativ 31.8 x 12d Stem - 90mm
IRD Fire XC Pro 29er

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was so excited to see it I forgot to ask my LBS to weight it.. I'll do that next time I'm in the shop but I would say close to the weight of my Alpine so about 27-28lbs. ( OK just went and grabbed our FedEx Scale. Looks to be 27 lbs on that scale)

You know you've done good when the Both the Owner and the Tech start collecting Parts for there own 29er after they've built yours.. Jeff the LBS owner thought the same thing as you. He said "The red-wall tires are what really make it stand out"

BlueEyes said:
Beautiful! Love the red-wall tires. How much does it weigh?

·
Registered
203 Posts
My pre-IBEX bike had red-wall tires which stuck LIKE GLUE, so I have fond feelings for them. They look hot on your 29er with the red frame. Have you rode her yet? I can't wait to hear what you think.
If I had some $$ layin' around right now I would be building a 29er up for myself. Just dying to dial one in and see what it can do. Beautiful, man, you are making me drool!

pardon the threadjack: RED, Santa, did you hear that? I have been good! I have slaved taking care of your children and made healthy homemade dinners 85% of the time. I cook, I clean, I drive the kids to soccer and make cookies. I work HARD for the money (um... no money). Red, red, red! Love, blueeyes :devil:

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
BlueEyes said:
pardon the threadjack: RED, Santa, did you hear that? I have been good! I have slaved taking care of your children and made healthy homemade dinners 85% of the time. I cook, I clean, I drive the kids to soccer and make cookies. I work HARD for the money (um... no money). Red, red, red! Love, blueeyes :devil:
Exsqueeze me but I get coalevery year an cook 65% of the time, vacuum, laundry, auto maintenance and work hard for extra money but I have brown eyes, dank time for colored contacts. :D

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
kevin, it looks great! I like what you've done with her, especially that carbon fork. Its making me very jealous.

Now go ride!!

P.s. Does the wife know yet?

·
Registered
144 Posts
BlueEyes said:

Will you marry me?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I so want to go ride.. Might get a break in the rain this weekend.. I've got orchestra dress rehearsal and concert this weekend but I figure I can find a time to ride before I go play " New World Symphony"

Nope she doesn't know yet .. My Alpine is at work so when I bring the 29er home she just sees the same number of bikes.. looks enough alike she hasn't noticed.. We'll keep it under wraps for a while :D ( Tell her Dec 30th . My Birthday Present to Me)

boomn said:
kevin, it looks great! I like what you've done with her, especially that carbon fork. Its making me very jealous.

Now go ride!!

P.s. Does the wife know yet?

·
Black Sheep rising
917 Posts
keviningeorgia said:

Nope she doesn't know yet .. My Alpine is at work so when I bring the 29er home she just sees the same number of bikes.. looks enough alike she hasn't noticed.. We'll keep it under wraps for a while :D ( Tell her Dec 30th . My Birthday Present to Me)
This is dangerous, yet effective. :smilewinkgrin:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
True :) It's ok her birthday is Jan 27th so she'll get something very nice.

She says she already has my Birthday gift.. Knowing her and the hints I've been dropping it's probably a Garmin Edge 305..

utabintarbo said:
This is dangerous, yet effective. :smilewinkgrin:

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
keviningeorgia said:
I so want to go ride.. Might get a break in the rain this weekend.. I've got orchestra dress rehearsal and concert this weekend but I figure I can find a time to ride before I go play " New World Symphony"

Dont do anything foolish before the concert. :ihih:

keviningeorgia said:
Your lucky my wife doesnt ride but she knows what I have and anytime something new shows up she's right on it. :madman:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts