Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anna, (AnnaBanana), Gary O and I rode the snowmobile trails out from Bradbury today. They were set up really well for riding. As Anna can attest to, studded tires would be helpful. We did around 11 miles or so. One good thing about riding in yesterday's chilly conditions, was the upper 20's felt positively balmy.

Gary and Anna

Anna, slip sliding away.

aveski2000 aka: Mr Huff and Puff

Blurry Anna

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TommyKnocker said:
Tru dat, yo!! I always laugh at these guys (and girls) who 'put their bike away' for the winter and sit indoors on trainers... but to each their own, I guess.
So, you mount the studded tires yet?
This ride was an out and back. Gary and others are out today trying to make a loop out of it.

G

·
So where are you going from Bradbury, north or south? I rode there yesterday and just went to the non-mountain side Link trail, turned left on the snowmobile trail, up past the monument for a ways and just turned around (Out by Ginn outer loop).

You look like you were in more open fields.

I live right on the Pownal/N. Yarmouth line and am still trying to figure out how to get snowmobile trails from close to my house to go to Bradbury.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's the way we went. Just keep on riding. Cross a few roads. You could follow our tracks, at the moment. I have not heard any details from today's ride. Hopefully they made a loop out of it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
We didn't get on the bikes until 3:00 so we weren't able to make a loop but I am sure it's there. Conditions are epic, fast and the weather is perfect. We have a hockey game tomorrow so we may ride in the a.m. from HERE in Dayton, Maine. Hundreds and hundreds of miles of trails all marked and probably packed harder than Bradbury.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I finally put on the studded tires this past weekend! Steve (Indyfab) and I went for a short ride in Bath and found the trails in really good shape. We didn't go far, but found a little pond to slide around on! I think I was absolutely terrified at first, but it ended up being a lot of fun. :p

Last night, I went out with Gary, Bary, and Avram (aveski) on some snowmobile trails near bradbury. It was an amazing ride! I don't know what it will look like after this storm, but last night we couldn't have asked for better conditions! :thumbsup:

The pictures are from this past weekend with Steve riding in Bath.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
We have about 2" of wet snow here in K'port and the rain/sleet is starting now. We should have some good riding for a while depending on this weekends storm. I'll be looking for Mt A and/or Exeter to be great as it's a little further south.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.