Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dirtvert coined this phrase today and I thought it was brilliant. What is Second Hand Stoke? It's the stoke you get from someone else's stoke.

IE, Dan (aka d-bug) rolled up to Emma today as we (Dirtvert aka Doug and I) rolled up sporting a brand new Ibis Ripley...maiden voyage; first dirt run and we all headed out together. Dude was killing it! Ripping up and down all the many treasures there about and his stokage was contagious, I tell you what! Man, I dig Second Hand Stoke! Like showing someone a new trail or being there for a first ride on a sick new machine or building a kick ass new trail to share with your buds or seeing someone hit a wicked jump/stunt for the first time. That's when rides become really, really good. Today's ride...really, really good.

Second Hand Stoke...dig it man. Nice one Dirtvert!

·
Crash Dummy In Training
1,432 Posts
Some time's second hand stoke is better than first hand.

·
Over it
3,799 Posts
I have to admit the Second Hand Stoke™ was more of a Contact Stoke™ for me, since you guys were generally far ahead on the trail. But it was a sweet ride on a perfect day! Thanks, fellas.

For anybody else looking to get the Stoke 411™, look for d-bug in his Stokezilla™ kit and his big blue Ripley on a trail near you. Or you can probably find squashyo working on the new Stoke Flow Trail™ at Demo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts