Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here but I have been using these forums quite a bit for research and reference, I have just finished my second frame. This is supposed to be a road/gravel/ just riding around bike. It is all straight gauge 4130 with a Paragon seat tube insert. I still need to do all of the reaming and facing and thread chasing as well as cut the slot for the binder. I used some Nova head tube stock and fusion welded the reinforcement rings on before tacking the frame together. Was that the wrong way to do things? The head tube end areas don't seem to be too ovalized, at least not more than what I expected from welding the down tube and top tube on. If anyone else has any better pointers for going forward they are greatly appreciated!
Matti
Bicycle frame Line Iron Musical instrument accessory Bicycle accessory
Infrastructure Pipe Metal Steel Aluminium
Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Metal Steel Composite material
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Infrastructure Bicycle Black

·
Most Delicious
1,412 Posts
It's a good idea to add a brace between the chainstay and seatstay to support the disc brake mount. Otherwise the brake forces eventually crack the seatstay. Since it's in compression it can be some scrap small tubing, a piece of plate, or even a recycled brake disk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.