Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i Really like my Bronson v3 everywhere im taking it included park days, but sometimes im wondering how much fun it could be having dedicated bike with longer suspensions for these days, so im thinking to get second bike (used) to compliment it for park\lift days.
What will be the best way to go with - beefed up 170\180mm rear travel freerider or full DH bike? Or maybe "opening" the Bronson to 157mm rear\170mm front with coil shock should do the trick?

·
always licking the glass
4,037 Posts
After I realized my Gambler is too small for me, I went back and forth about doing a 180mm single crown or a dual crown 200mm new park bike.

I came back to the 200mm after spending the weekend on a 160mm single crown bike. I’ve been so sore this week from getting beat up on the smaller bike that I want as much cush as possible.

And if you have a Bronson already, definitely go DH sled. Like Kazlx said :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you already have a Bronson and are thinking about a second bike, DH bike no question.
Indeed full DH bike is more logic to add to the Bronson v3, so i started to look around and for my budget i think one of these bikes (2017-2018 models) Canyon Sender, Trek Session or YT Tues should fit my needs.

Frame material not that important (carbon frame will be nice bonus), suspensions and geo are the priority.

My riding place of reference are Leogang\Saalbach\Hinterglemm and im leaning towards the techy lines...

Which one of these bikes (or other models) should i go for, and what size? somehow looks like the DH bikes having quite shorter ETT and reach when i compared it to my M sized Bronson. Should i size up to L size or stick with M size?

Any info about these bikes and others will be appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
The most interesting measurements are "reach" and "stack."

I like the stability of a larger bike, but I bet someone will come along soon to say they like smaller to make heavier DH bikes more agile... It is all personal preference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.