Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be in Seattle/Maple valley area for a week, I am from Albuquerque. I am looking for some good trails to ride. Any Ideas?
I'll be there from 12/19-12/28
Thanks,
Leo

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Lake sawyer

Leo,

There's trails right down the street from where you're staying. Most of the time they're referred to as Lake Sawyer, but others refer to them as Black Diamond since they're a mile from the town. These trails are about 10 minutes from Maple Valley and are rolly and tight/twisty. I was just out there on Sunday and they were in great shape.....they drain well so they're still rideable when things get wet.

Black Diamond has a shop with rentals if you don't bring your bike. They're cool guys and can get you a map if you're not riding with a local. Those trails are a labrynth.....and most aren't signed.
http://www.bdbikes.com/index.htm

Beyond that, there's Tower of Power (Renton), Tokul East / West, Griffin Creek (Fall City), Tolt McDonald (Carnation) and several other areas that are within 1/2 hour of Maple Valley.

Chers,
EB

·
Keep The Rubber Side Down
1,685 Posts
Let us know when you're free. We could try to get a group organized to take you around the woods.

·
El Malo
549 Posts
Or... you can visit bbtc.org and head into the Recreation page for a peek at their ride calendar.
You can also sign up to their groups.yahoo.com listserve (bbtcmembers) and ask as many questions as you like...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mellow Yellow said:
Let us know when you're free. We could try to get a group organized to take you around the woods.
Thanks for the info, I'll be bringing my bike. I'll let you know when I can ride.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mellow Yellow said:
My bike will be here on Tuesday, I can ride anytime either nightride or during the weekend.
Leo
Here is my cell: (505) 681-3751

1 - 8 of 8 Posts