Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
just getting back to riding again after all these years. i have a 91-93? klein rascal and want a little comfort, but dont want to change out the rigid fork. any recommendation on suspension seatposts or have any comments on them. also, does anybody know the diameter of the seatposts for my rascal, thanks in advance..

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I'm not familiar with your bike, but I can say the Cane Creek Thudbuster is one of the nicest suspension posts you can use. I have one and it helped make my hardtail much smoother. Pull the post out on your bike. The diameter should be stamped on it - or measure it with calipers.

G

·
gokool said:
hi all,
just getting back to riding again after all these years. i have a 91-93? klein rascal and want a little comfort, but dont want to change out the rigid fork. any recommendation on suspension seatposts or have any comments on them. also, does anybody know the diameter of the seatposts for my rascal, thanks in advance..
it's 27.2mm.

i remember that those parallelogram type suspension seat posts were the most efficient ones but the most pragmatic way to smooth the ride would be some fat tires. 2.35" will still fit, 2.5" maybe too and you would get front and rear "suspension".

Carsten

·
He be a moose too.
2,172 Posts
Carsten said:
2.5" maybe too
I submit, humbly submit, that 2.5 often has issues. If there are irregularities in the casing or slight wobble in the rim, 2.5's will often rub. 2.35's if I remember correctly were Klein's Death Grip tires so would be fine.

Also, don't some manufacturers measure things differently, so a 2.35 for company X is wider than one from company Y?

Penguin

G

·
pinguwin said:
I submit, humbly submit, that 2.5 often has issues. If there are irregularities in the casing or slight wobble in the rim, 2.5's will often rub. 2.35's if I remember correctly were Klein's Death Grip tires so would be fine.

Also, don't some manufacturers measure things differently, so a 2.35 for company X is wider than one from company Y?

Penguin
yes, i was referring to 2.35 Klein Death Grips, the only ones i ever tried... i once have put 2.5 Specialized Ground Controls and they just did fit but any wobble or mud would have caused problems. But it did look cool!

And indeed, the true widths of tires vary greatly even if they are of the same size.

Carsten

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.