Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of moving away from my old URT full suspension bike to my new Orbea hardtail. My Schwinn used a 26.8 seatpost and the Orbea uses a 27.2. Will this work or do I need the correct size to avoid any damage. I'm quite the FB so my weight 250lb should be considered. Thanks for everyones advice.

Mike:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shim Question

I actually asked the question before really digging in past posts. I have cut down a regular Dr. Pepper can as described and the seat clamp fit tightly. Is just once around with NO overlap the best DIY design or should I wrap it twice and tighten the clamp less? My other option is thicker shim materials... HELP... I'm tryin to keep cost down on my frame changes.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
RoadyRacing said:
I am in the process of moving away from my old URT full suspension bike to my new Orbea hardtail. My Schwinn used a 26.8 seatpost and the Orbea uses a 27.2. Will this work or do I need the correct size to avoid any damage. I'm quite the FB so my weight 250lb should be considered. Thanks for everyones advice.

Mike:cool: :cool:
Do it right and get the correct size post for your new frame. Shimming this is not worth the hassle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.