Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to place an order and I forgot to check seatpost size. Does anybody know what size is needed for a SASS? Thanks!

·
Interlectchewal
1,170 Posts
ncbiker said:
I wonder if there is any chance its a 26.8mm? I tried a 27.2 and it would not fit. :confused:
As you can see from the link posted above, the Bianchi website says it's 27.2mm, which I believe to be correct for their steel singlespeed frames, though I don't have firsthand experience with the S.A.S.S. I do know that Bianchi's aluminum singlespeed frames use a 26.8mm seatpost.

What model seatpost (if any) was in the frame when you got it? Which 27.2mm post are you trying to fit? Does the seat tube opening look like it's been over-tightened in the past?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tvrbob86 said:
As you can see from the link posted above, the Bianchi website says it's 27.2mm, which I believe to be correct for their steel singlespeed frames, though I don't have firsthand experience with the S.A.S.S. I do know that Bianchi's aluminum singlespeed frames use a 26.8mm seatpost.

What model seatpost (if any) was in the frame when you got it? Which 27.2mm post are you trying to fit? Does the seat tube opening look like it's been over-tightened in the past?
Its weird. Holding the old seatpost end to end with the new one, they appear to be the same size, but the new one will just barely press into the opening while using a screw driver to push open the split in the seatube. All of the lettering on the old one has worn off, so I can't verify the size.

There is a chance the old one has been over-tightened before as the seatpost tended to slide down and I would crank down pretty good on the bolt. I believe that I could force the new one in, but I wanted to check around before I tried it and ended up with a stuck seatpost. The new post is a EA70.

I wonder if its a tolerance issue?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a '03 SISS, which uses a 27.2mm

The post I'm using is the Titec, which came std with the bike and is pretty tight at the beginning. I did have a new EC70 CF, that I considered installing and it appeared to fit, but again would have been real tight at the beginning.
The over-tightening that you had to do with your other post, may be affecting the seat tube, but the new post should fit.

ncbiker said:
Its weird. Holding the old seatpost end to end with the new one, they appear to be the same size, but the new one will just barely press into the opening while using a screw driver to push open the split in the seatube. All of the lettering on the old one has worn off, so I can't verify the size.

There is a chance the old one has been over-tightened before as the seatpost tended to slide down and I would crank down pretty good on the bolt. I believe that I could force the new one in, but I wanted to check around before I tried it and ended up with a stuck seatpost. The new post is a EA70.

I wonder if its a tolerance issue?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts