Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
88mike
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for recommendations regarding the best seatpost mounted rear rack.

Maybe more important, which ones suk. I know I can find a more permanent rack that will fit but I want to change it between bikes when I commute and I only am concerned about carrying a pair of shoes and clothes for the day.

Thanks.

·
Banned
218 Posts
hogleg62 said:
Looking for recommendations regarding the best seatpost mounted rear rack.

Maybe more important, which ones suk. I know I can find a more permanent rack that will fit but I want to change it between bikes when I commute and I only am concerned about carrying a pair of shoes and clothes for the day.
/QUOTE]

The best seatpost rack for your requirements is no seatpost rack. Just use a back pack instead.

·
My Brain Hurts!
697 Posts
FireBallKY said:
Go with the Topeak brand. They have a some pretty cool setups and bags that attach to them.

Probably a bit more pricey than others but IMO, well worth it.

http://www.topeak.com/products/Racks
That's what I use and have the smaller pack the goes into the rack... take it off the bike and carry it with me when eating in a restaurant or shopping...my wife calls it me "Man Purse"....

I am looking into some larger bags for the rack, but the rack is very nice....very well built and easy to install or remove.

·
ONe less gear
137 Posts
I got the topeak and it is great; I don't like the backpack feel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.