Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a question about seatpost height and also carbon seatpost recommendations. I have a medium frame Cannondale Trail SL2 29er and I am 5'10" with between a 33.5 -34 inseem. The stock seatpost is a 350mm and is a little bit too short for me. When I am at the minimum insert line my legs are still bent a little bit too much.

A 400mm seatpost should fix this issue has I only need a little bit extra. How abnormal is this to have to use a 400mm seatpost?

Also, I want to go with a carbon post to take some of the harshness out of my hardtail. What are the pros and cons of a setback post vs. straight? Any budget carbon post recomendations?

Thanks,

PersonTX

·
Registered
147 Posts
Set back vs straight has to do with fit in my opinion. The saddle position will dictate your knee over pedal axle location. For example I know I need the nose of my saddle 8cm behind center of the BB. On my road bike and CX bike I have a set back post on my MTB I have straight posts.

as for Carbon vs al. I like the carbon posts on my road and cx bike but have a dropper on my mtb. I am not sure I would build another MTB without a dropper.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts