Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought a new ML7/5, and I've got chain rub on the seat stay when the bike is in the big ring and the 11T cassette sprocket.

The first thought I had was chain-line, but even having moved the chainset in to the point where the granny ring's near as dammit rubbing on the D-mount, it still does it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

My LBS is pondering also, but I thought I'd run it past you guys, see what you thought.

Barney

·
Hoops - Big and Small
1,083 Posts
Pics Please

barnoid said:
I've just bought a new ML7/5, and I've got chain rub on the seat stay when the bike is in the big ring and the 11T cassette sprocket.
Is the chain rubbing the very end of the seat-stay where it is welded to the drop-out?

Maybe the hub locknut and/or hub spacer are not spacing the chain far enough away from the drop-out.

·
Registered
322 Posts
barnoid said:

The first thought I had was chain-line, but even having moved the chainset in to the point where the granny ring's near as dammit rubbing on the D-mount, it still does it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

My LBS is pondering also, but I thought I'd run it past you guys, see what you thought.

Barney
Hi,
Yes, I had the same problem on my 7/5 bought in mars. Contact Ethan, this is a knew problem for Maverick on the first batchs of rear triangles on 7/5. If they got is in stock Ethan will change it for free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.