Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so due to the discomfort that I would get on long rides, i have since changed to wearing padded shorts, i have bought a serfas RX padded seat, and I also got a cane creek seatpost with the shock absorption in it. But, it still hurts when i ride. no chafing, but lots of pressure on my but bones.

and im worried that the seat is angled up too much so that it is squishing my nuts, but the seat/seatpost does not have much of an adjustable angle... any other suggestions?

·
Prone To Internet Drama
238 Posts
Your butt has to get conditioned just like the rest of your body. So, the more you ride, the less it will hurt. The pain should subside in a few weeks worth of semi-regular riding. Making small adjustments to angle and height should help as well until you find the right spot for you.

·
Hoosier
442 Posts
Not only do you have to get conditioned but you may not want to ride with that saddle. Softer saddles have tendencies to cause more problems and not hold up as well. Whats more important is getting the correct width in a saddle. If you head over to your LBS they should let you try a few out and help decide whats best. This helps too http://www.sheldonbrown.com/saddles.html

·
Registered
467 Posts
delirium said:
and im worried that the seat is angled up too much so that it is squishing my nuts, but the seat/seatpost does not have much of an adjustable angle... any other suggestions?
The saddle should always remain level (or a bit nose down). What seatpost are you using that doesn't allow adjustment?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.