Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I seem to be unable to remove my Carbon seat post. I want to be able to do it without braking the tube. at this point, I have applied manual force. I wanted to change my seat post because the rail clamp grooves are beyond functionality. I have initiated a restoration/resuscitation project in order to share my success or failure but in the meantime, the seatpost has to go although unable to remove. At this point, I have even created a tool to open up the frame's seatpost hole but still...to no avail. Any suggestions?

· Ride More - Suffer Less
3,087 Posts
I seem to be unable to remove my seat post. I want to be able to do it without braking the tube. at this point, I have applied manual force. I wanted to change my seat post because the rail clamp grooves are beyond functionality. I have initiated a restoration/resuscitation project in order to share my success or failure but in the meantime, the seatpost has to go although unable to remove. At this point, I have even created a tool to open up the frame's seatpost hole but still...to no avail. Any suggestions?
pics?

carbon, steel, aluminum, ti?

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Lots of previous threads on this--you can search------I had carbon frame and aluminum post and tried everything you will see---chemicals/heat/etc I finally sent my frame back to pivot and they got it out---all for free. Turned out the post had bad anodizing-----so you have the same materials I had----good luck
SInce the frame is aluminum you could put the seat post in a vice and twist it----you will see folks doing this---destroys the seat post obviously but not the frame--be a bit scary

1 - 13 of 13 Posts