Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone;

Not sure where to put this, I'm new to this forum. Getting back into mountain biking after a 10 year hiatus. Recently upgraded to a Santacruz Tallboy C 29. My last bike was a Jamis Dakota hardtail, so it is a bit of an upgrade. I mainly do cross country but would like to try out some downhill. Never done this before, totally new.

I would like to install a KS Lev seat post dropper on the bike, my question is, as a newbi what am I looking for in regards to travel. The KS Lev DX is available in three options; 100, 125, 150mm. And I'm also curious about the length, they come in 335, 385, 400, 435mm

Right now my stock seat post sits 200mm from the frame to the bottom of the seat rails. I think I need to take this into consideration.

Thanks for any help, can't wait to hit the trails.

Tom

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
On dropper posts, there is a minimum amount of seatpost that is sticking up at maximum extension. Usually you want to get the maximum travel that won't put your seat too high. I'm guessing that a 125mm will be perfect for you, but you should e-mail Kindshock or whoever you buy the post from and get an actual number for the minimum seatpost extension for each travel length. (The actual seatpost lengths are mostly irrelevant as long as you have a straight seat tube on your frame).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts