Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, Quick Question, I'm building a new frame up and to get the right top tube length I had to buy the XL, the issue is that the seat tube is 23 inches, I normally ride a 21. How ever a titus 21 has way to short of a top tube, so my question is this, To get the saddle height right, there is very little seat post sticking out of the frame? Does this matter in any way? The stand over and top tube are fine, Will the lack of seat post sticking up cause any issues? Thanks!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct seat height.

By correct seat height I mean the same distance from saddle to the center of the crank as all my other bikes, or sitting on the bike my leg is just about straight at the bottom of the pedal stroke. Thanks!

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
mtnbiker72 said:
Some post such as carbon may have a maximum insertion so double check that. Other than that, you might have to make some adjustments to you handlebar height so they are not too high compared to your saddle height.
Not having any desire for a carbon seatpost had no idea there was such a thing as maximum insertion...how can that be?

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Does make it sound like your frame is a bit large then, but as long as you don't mind not being able to lower your seat very far....but had never heard of maximum insertion of a post like mtnbiker72 says for some carbon posts...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.