Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
For the last two years or so I have been having intermittent, horrible pain coming from my left hip. It feels like it is pinching some nerve back there where I go form sending to sitting or vice verse and when I move it at an angle other than forward. I tend to sit on the saddle with my sit bones on the back of the saddle, could that be causing problems? I know you guys are not doctors, but I have been to a few and they suck to be quite honest, non really try to get to the bottom of what is wrong, just pain killers or too bad that is how you are, literally. I took a week and a half off the bike and the pain really subsided. Have you guys felt something like this from improper saddle position or sitting position.
Thanks a lot,
Paul

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
where is the pain. Can you be more specific?
one time I was playing with the saddle and I placed it too forward. That gave me killer pain in hips/hip flexors.
Anyway, I would recomend a pro fit just in case something is really off

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had xrays, but they came back negative for anything pertaining to the hip area but I hope it wouldn't be arthritis, I am only 22 years old.

The pain is maybe an inch and a half to two inches left of my tailbone and feels like maybe that far or a little less inside from that point. I think it may be seat position now, I rode my full suspension bike yesterday which has a super tight cockpit where my sit bones are on the back of the seat and prior to that, a few days earlier, I rode my HT where I sit more in the middle of the saddle. Yesterday that pain was really bad, and after the HT ride, it wasn't at all. In any case, I think I will see what an LBS has to say about the fitment of the FS.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
piriformis?'

pablo4429 said:
The pain is maybe an inch and a half to two inches left of my tailbone and feels like maybe that far or a little less inside from that point.
check piriformis syndrome just in case... there are many stretches and strength exercises for it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts