Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think it's because they made a mistake with the 08 FSR SJs. I have an XL size (am 6ft2) which comes with a long stem but still needed to replace the stock seatpost with a 25mm setback post to feel that my weight was centred. My other half when riding a size S rental also felt cramped in the cockpit, and riding buddy with size X also went for a setback seat post.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Why do the 09 SJ FSRs have setback seatposts?

I noticed that all of the 09 Stumpjumper FSRs now come with setback seatposts as opposed to the non-setback on the 08s, is there a reason for this?

·
Registered
239 Posts
CrazyDave98 said:
I think it's because they made a mistake with the 08 FSR SJs. I have an XL size (am 6ft2) which somes with a long stem but still needed to replace the stock seatpost with a 25mm setback post to feel that my weight was centred. My other half on a size S rental also felt cramped in the cockpit.
I've also noticed that my 08 SJ FSR Medium is kind of cramped, I just got it so I thought that it was because I wasn't used to it since I was coming from a Large frame hardtail. I bought the hardtail used so I didn't have a choice in size, I am kind of in between a medium and large anyways.

·
Registered
7 Posts
agreed.

Cockpit is very tight with the straight post. On a recent ride I switched posts with a friend of mine who has a setback. Big difference. Felt much better descending and on the flats and going over technical stuff. The straight post worked better for me on climbs. With the set back I had to slide forward on the seat more, which worked just as well then but wasn't as comfortable. I'll be getting a Thomson set back soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.