Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Master of None
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys like to run your seat height? I've been running mine a bit lower than normal. On the tough climbs I'm out of the saddle anyway so seat height doesn't matter. The lower seat height makes it easier to move my weight around.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yeah...

I am sure that the answer is different for everone, but like you, I run mine a bit lower than what bike fitters will say for geared riding. I tend to spend less time seated, so having it lower seems to make more sense.

·
Master of None
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For someone like me who is either out of the saddle grinding up a climb, or going downhill with hardly a crank of the pedals I guess a lower seat height makes sense. Really my only flat terrain is the ride on the road to the trails. So it seems to me that terrain can play a big part of it, as well as rider preference of course.

My other bike has a Gravity Dropper and I like it a lot. I considered it for the singlespeed but the cost and weight make it a hard purchase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.