Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'm with stupid
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the search of a shim for my seatpost. It is a specialized command post which is a 30.09 the bike I would like to put it on since i sold my enduro frame uses a 31.6 seatpost. Does anyone know where i get a shim to make this work? I only seem to be able to find a 27.2 to 31.6. Please tell me I have been looking in the wrong place. :madman: I would hate to nit be able to use it and have to sell it and buy something else. Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Do to the small sixe Im guessing they not are not commercially available.
You need a shim 0.35mm thick and long enough to reach the minimum insert on the seat post, approx10cm+ long. Calc = 31.6-30.9 = 0.7mm (diameter) divide by 2 (radius) gives you needed shim thickness. That equates to .014 inch.
If you can find such a size of metal and form the split tube you need and also form over a lip about 2mm wide at the top then it would be stiff enough to be a permanent solution.
You would also need to re-grease it whenever you remove the post.
Get a caliper to measure different metal types until you find a suitable size. Try tin cans, foil trays etc.

If the above is too much hastle then sell the bike and get one that fits the seatpost lol

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
...specialized command post which is a 30.09 the bike I would like to put it on since i sold my enduro frame uses a 31.6 seatpost...
Hey, this doesn't make sense...
Are you trying to put the specialized post in a specialized frame...or did I mis-read something? If spec is making frames w/ 31.6 posts, that's news to me...

Edit: nevermind... what I get for trying to stuff my face w/ food and read. Yeah, beer/soda cans.

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
Literally any bike shop can order you a proper sized shim that will size your seatpost and you won't have to fake your multi hundred dollar seatpost into your thousand dollar frame.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Ive read the thread as:
...have a post that is 30.09 which was fitted to my Enduro.
Sold the Enduro and bought a new frame which requires a 31.6 post.
Therefore require a shim in order to fit the 30.09 Commandpost into said 31.6 hole.

I dont think anyone makes a shim that will do it as the tollerences are so small.
Google turns up nothing except a few posters with the same issue, and all the responses are DIY fixes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.