Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LBS Manager
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girl friend needs a new seat and I know she needs to try some diferent models out but any advice from the women hear would be greatly apriciated. She rides xc and likes to do long rides her bike is a stumpjumper fsr.

Thanks in advance.

JHB

·
Registered
728 Posts
Johnny Hair Boy said:
My girl friend needs a new seat and I know she needs to try some diferent models out but any advice from the women hear would be greatly apriciated. She rides xc and likes to do long rides her bike is a stumpjumper fsr.

Thanks in advance.
JHB
I like to ride XC and enjoy longer rides.

Here's my experience with seats:

I really liked the seat on my hardtail - a Terry Liberator Ti Race. The old seat wouldn't fit on my new bike - so the LBS put on what they thought would be a good match. A Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow - it was cushy and wider at back and I didn't like it at all! The seat has seams on the side and the leather wasn't as smooth as my old seat. Due to the width, seams and type of material it was made of - it made it a bit more uncomfortable and seemed to grab my shorts as I would get back on the seat for technical sections. Plus it just seemed like overkill to trying to make a seat comfortable.

The bike shop switched the Selle Italia seat w/a Fizik Aliante Gamma - it is pretty much the same width as my old Terry seat and doesn't have the seams to grab my shorts as I'm sliding back in the saddle.

Wider and cushy may work for some people...I found the slimmer models work for me...probably a lot depends on riding style too.

good luck!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hey Johnny,

I went through the whole saddle testing with Tara last spring. Her and Meredith are shaped the same other than height. Tara ended up liking the Bontrager women's saddle best. Meredith will have to try it next time we are out riding together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.