Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
141 - 160 of 501 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Because fixed roof racks cheapens the look of cars.:thumbsup:

Logged about 7000 miles on my seasucker on my Infiniti, not a scratch.
It can, but mine don't. I have the aero bars from Yak that fit inside the rails and then the aero Thule Echelon mounts on top. Looks great and it's, amazingly enough, quieter than without the bars. No impact on gas mileage.

I just also don't want to deal with the bikes resting on the finish of the car. Given that I drive my Bimmers for 200-300K miles, I am pretty cautious about that.

J.

·
PROEDGEBIKER.COM
1,304 Posts
I can see the color of the cups changed to black and there are black protective covers over the pumps.

Anything other changes?

Any chance the black protective covers for the pumps can be purchased separately?
they are still a couple months out but i should be getting one very soon to inspect.

·
PROEDGEBIKER.COM
1,304 Posts
Nice pics!! From what i can see, looks to be just a black version. I would opt for the black over the white as my white cups are starting to show dirt.
There are a few lucky customers that we shipped blacks ones to this passed week. The demand is so unreal right now for these racks that trying to keep up with it is tough.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Want to provide some comments on a recent experience...

I went on a 2.5 hour drive with my bike on the SeaSucker Talon. For the first hour of the drive, I drove between 70 - 80 mph on the highway. For the second hour of the trip, it poured heavily and at one point, everyone pulled over as you couldn't see more than 20 feet in front of you. I pulled over as well and watched the rain clean and pound by bike for a good 30 minutes. After it stopped raining, I got out to inspect my bike and rack. All pumps showed full suction and I proceeded on my way. For the remaining 30 minutes of the drive, there was light rain. When I arrived at my destination and proceeded to remove my bike and rack, I checked once again. All pumps showed full suction. My SeaSucker Talon held up all the way without loosing any suction.

Would definitely recommend!!!

·
PROEDGEBIKER.COM
1,304 Posts
Want to provide some comments on a recent experience...

I went on a 2.5 hour drive with my bike on the SeaSucker Talon. For the first hour of the drive, I drove between 70 - 80 mph on the highway. For the second hour of the trip, it poured heavily and at one point, everyone pulled over as you couldn't see more than 20 feet in front of you. I pulled over as well and watched the rain clean and pound by bike for a good 30 minutes. After it stopped raining, I got out to inspect my bike and rack. All pumps showed full suction and I proceeded on my way. For the remaining 30 minutes of the drive, there was light rain. When I arrived at my destination and proceeded to remove my bike and rack, I checked once again. All pumps showed full suction. My SeaSucker Talon held up all the way without loosing any suction.

Would definitely recommend!!!
Amazing real life Field Testing. Thanx for the feedback.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Even if I had a sedan (i.e. no rails). I'm not putting anything on the finish of a car like that. I'd get a hitch installed first.

J.
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinions. For me, this is the only exterior option I have with my car (Nissan 370Z) and so far it's working.

FYI, no scratches to my car's exterior.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
37,438 Posts
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinions. For me, this is the only exterior option I have with my car (Nissan 370Z) and so far it's working.

U-haul phoenix offered to take the bumper off and make a custom fab receiver for free if I left the 370 with them for a few days, but the rest of the interior space is so limited that I didn't think that car was worth it for me as my "only car", so I passed on the 370 ultimately. Presumably this offer was so they could make more for other people.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts

For what I have in cars, it's not worth it. Even a small scratch would cost more to fix properly than the rack cost new. That seems to me like a bad trade off. If the car has hard points for rack attachments, those work. Rails are great. Otherwise, it's a hitch.

BTW, you can get custom hitches made. Not a big deal and not particularly expensive.

J.

141 - 160 of 501 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.