Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We truly have a spendid range of riding possibilities here in NM. 'The Bandaleros' mounted up and welcomed the New Year proper-like! Temps were in the mid to upper 30s but the sun was a shinin' bright on us. I took advantage of an unexpected x-mas gift (thanks Henry) so I could give you good fellas a taste of the Homeland. Later Homers!

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-2664675876452712070&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and welcoming the New Year like 'Royal'ty

notaknobs brew is always a treat, but especially after nice ride!

The sinkhole is a popular gathering spot. You find all kinds here

I was pretty much the mule, but its all good!

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
not bad #'s boy! im impressed with the outright speed on that spine! its also cool that it looked so good considerin this is new equipment. the use of such a classic mtb tune is super cool. you older oln viewers will know what im talkin about. it had me waitin to see what ya had planned for the 3rd track. overall, a very nice piece and fun to watch. my new years rides never panned out but eatin shrimp cocktail in bed with candycorn has its place too. -8 last night and -10 tonight so im sure the trails are nuthin but ice anyway.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cactuscorn said:
not bad #'s boy! im impressed with the outright speed on that spine! its also cool that it looked so good considerin this is new equipment. the use of such a classic mtb tune is super cool. you older oln viewers will know what im talkin about. it had me waitin to see what ya had planned for the 3rd track. overall, a very nice piece and fun to watch. my new years rides never panned out but eatin shrimp cocktail in bed with candycorn has its place too. -8 last night and -10 tonight so im sure the trails are nuthin but ice anyway.
Yeah...3rd track was kinda lame. I through it in there last minute cause I was itchin to render the final cut. Glad you enjoyed it. Too bad you did not get to ride, but seems it was a lot warmer between the sheets. Thanks for the kind words.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
i didnt mind the 3rd tune. those guys are not on the billboard top 100 but theyre so individual in sound. at least ya didnt use gnr.

2 deg this mornin at 9am. at least the sun is out!

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
wtf?

Mtn. Biker123 said:
We truly have a spendid range of riding possibilities here in NM. 'The Bandaleros' mounted up and welcomed the New Year proper-like! Temps were in the mid to upper 30s but the sun was a shinin' bright on us. I took advantage of an unexpected x-mas gift (thanks Henry) so I could give you good fellas a taste of the Homeland. Later Homers!
Man that place was packed yesterday. Strange to see hikers out there.

Good ride and great vid.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very Nice - really enjoyed that! :thumbsup:

Did a part of my growing up in New Mexico. What part of the state were you in for that video?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Thanks for the stoke!

Serious speed on that spine as cc pointed out. I'm the kind of rider who pulls over for those who want to go that fast. And it was great to see a video that actually showed some real climbing instead of just endless coasting downhill. Hey, I'm a climber! :p

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
What the F is a Bandalero? Did you mean Bandolero? If so, that's a cool name for a riding group. Great vid. It's nice to have year round riding huh? Temps here in So. Utah are usually in the low 50's during the winter.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
xcguy said:
Serious speed on that spine as cc pointed out. I'm the kind of rider who pulls over for those who want to go that fast. And it was great to see a video that actually showed some real climbing instead of just endless coasting downhill. Hey, I'm a climber! :p
Thanks! I believe that it was your post that inspired me to include some the climbing.

CrankHead: This was filmed at White Mesa bike trails which have recently been reopened to Mtb's thanks to Foomtb.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
El Chingon said:
What the F is a Bandalero? Did you mean Bandolero? If so, that's a cool name for a riding group. Great vid. It's nice to have year round riding huh? Temps here in So. Utah are usually in the low 50's during the winter.

Ooops! Yes BandOlero is correct. RCC used that name in a post on our local forum and after being heckled by a few peeps it kinda stuck. So it goes...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
CrankHead: This was filmed at White Mesa bike trails which have recently been reopened to Mtb's thanks to Foomtb.

I grew up south of there in Alamogordo. Your video scenery made me a little home sick.

Good stuff - thanks for sharing!

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CrankHead said:
I grew up south of there in Alamogordo. Your video scenery made me a little home sick.

Good stuff - thanks for sharing!
My pleasure!

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
great video - you were smoking it. The downhill section in the last 1:30 was pretty intense.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GreenLightGo said:
great video - you were smoking it. The downhill section in the last 1:30 was pretty intense.
Thanks! Would love to show some of you Homers our little corner of the sandbox...so don't be shy, give a hollar if you are ever down this way. Maybe we will see our very own HC if the cat ever gets out of the bag:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts