Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
www.FreezeThaw.com
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seasons greetings to all--

I just scored a set of purple surly ss hubs for my ano-obsessed girlfriend, and am planning on building them up for a christmas present. Should be a perfect addition to her 1x1 decked out in ano parts. Here's a pic of her at Dirt Rag's Punk Bike Enduro last Sunday:
http://www.pbase.com/porc/image/53164519

So, I'm on the lookout for a set of new 32 hole 26" for use with rim brakes. I'm pretty sure she wants something besides purple, but am interested in whatever is around. I was thinking of maybe a pair of citron 517's, green sun rims or tie-dyed mavics....

If anyone has anything they're willing to part with I will pay cash or trade from our shop inventory (I own a primarily recycled bike shop in State College, PA and we have tons of odd stuff)

Please let me know if you've got anything that might work, I would love to work something out as soon as possible (before Dec 25). Reply to this thread, email me at [email protected] or call the shop.

Thanks,

Justin

Freeze Thaw Cycles
recycled bicycles - sales and service
State College, PA

www.FreezeThaw.com

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah but if they are early Velocity's, the braking surface is not tall enough, and otherwise, they are not a great rim.

I am pretty sure the ano ones were not heat treated.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I think this might look cool...one red rim, one blue rim and white tires. :eek:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Call Doug at VelocityUSA, they have a warehouse full of rims and I would think that there might be some older ano mtb rims in assorted colors to be had.

·
those are Rollercams...
1,894 Posts
FreezeThawCycles said:
seasons greetings to all--

I just scored a set of purple surly ss hubs for my ano-obsessed girlfriend, and am planning on building them up for a christmas present. Should be a perfect addition to her 1x1 decked out in ano parts. Here's a pic of her at Dirt Rag's Punk Bike Enduro last Sunday:
http://www.pbase.com/porc/image/53164519

So, I'm on the lookout for a set of new 32 hole 26" for use with rim brakes. I'm pretty sure she wants something besides purple, but am interested in whatever is around. I was thinking of maybe a pair of citron 517's, green sun rims or tie-dyed mavics....

If anyone has anything they're willing to part with I will pay cash or trade from our shop inventory (I own a primarily recycled bike shop in State College, PA and we have tons of odd stuff)

Please let me know if you've got anything that might work, I would love to work something out as soon as possible (before Dec 25). Reply to this thread, email me at [email protected] or call the shop.

Thanks,

Justin

Freeze Thaw Cycles
recycled bicycles - sales and service
State College, PA

www.FreezeThaw.com
What everybody else said about the rims...

Your girlfriend is very attractive and I think you should do whatever necessary to keep her happy ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts