Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy some alloy riser handlebars (I'm not considering carbon) between 740mm to 760mm in width. Not looking for anything too pricey.

The Aerozine bars on Ebay are about the lightest alloy bars I've found - anyone have experience with these? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
The weight of the Aerozine 750 bar at 215gr is a pretty good weight for an alu bar. A full length Enve carbon bar is around 190gr...and it costs $170. There are carbon bars moving past 200gr. The Ibis carbon bar is 240gr with its aluminum inserts. I just bought a Spank Oozy Vibrocore bar at 760mm. It weighed 260gr on my scale...and I thought that was a pretty decent weight for an aluminum bar.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
My shop/team guy is doing a new build using PNW components for bars/stem (alloy), he's typically pretty on top of tech. Re chinese carbon, me and a couple of others (see the sub $50 thread) are using bxt bars without any issues. I have the risers, they are super stiff, I'm wondering if they're too stiff!, I think I'm getting sore knuckes more than I used to with my flexy skinny alloy bars.
For mid price low-rise, I've got 2 seasons on eXotic carbon bars on my hardtail from discobrakes, about $70-$80, they also have some carbon covered alloy, not sure of weight or price.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JimPac, I considered the BXT bars, but they don't seem to be available over 720mm in width? Also, not sure I can ride with complete peace of mind with any $20 China bar. Anyway, I'm back to my original choice - the Aerozine which is the perfect width for me at 750 and I prefer less back sweep as my cockpit is already more compact than I prefer (I'm borderline small/medium, but went with a small frame).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.