Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
It's actually a Ti Bolt and I don't think they've been availible since the 90's.
Catsoft said:
Hi!
I´m look for a Rocky TiBild in 18,5" frame. Does anyone sell one?
Please mail me :D

Robert

·
chips & bier
1,597 Posts
Years ago I came across a picture

And decided I should look for one. Yeah right......

I think the bike was made very sporadically in the early and mid 90's, and is ultra-rare.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Here's a picture...
Regina Steifl rode one for Rocky back in the day.
eric said:
And decided I should look for one. Yeah right......

I think the bike was made very sporadically in the early and mid 90's, and is ultra-rare.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Try canadiancyclist.com and go to their classified section under mountain bikes and click the wanted button. I have seen Ti Bolts for sale there in the last year. Good luck, I want a Suzi Q but all of you ****ers in Germany have them.Ha Ha

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bowser07 said:
Try canadiancyclist.com and go to their classified section under mountain bikes and click the wanted button. I have seen Ti Bolts for sale there in the last year. Good luck, I want a Suzi Q but all of you ****ers in Germany have them.Ha Ha
Thanx!

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey -
is there anybody who want to sell a tibolt 18,5" or want to change them into a 19,5" ?
greetings
ron

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
Try posting a MTBR Classified Wanted Ad. Wanted ads are free (or they used to be, haven't looked in a while).

·
Registered
554 Posts
Here's a Ti-bolt for sale in Germany on the German e-Bay. 8 days to go and it's at $500.00 US already. This guy looks like he will ship international but it looks you're over in the area anyhow.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Rocky-Mountain-T...ryZ81680QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think he has the seat tube collar for sale spearate from the frame. Why? Who knows.

If you need the description translated use this free on line translator. Just copy and paste the text and choose what language you want to read it in.

http://www.freetranslation.com/

I'd love it but it's a bit too rich for me right now. Maybe if the seat post collar was included I'd bite ;)

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
Kris said:
Frames with bbs still in them scare me, especially frames with bbs with stripped installation spines!
That's a good catch. :thumbsup: The drive side splines look pretty beat up in the large images. If that DS cup is seized in there that would be a lot of work to extract it. :skep:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Just curious. What's with the Made in USA stamp on the BB shell on this one in the Germany auction? Were the Ti frames welded there? Perhaps this should be in the "Made in Canada" forum.

·
Registered
837 Posts
bagpipes said:
Just curious. What's with the Made in USA stamp on the BB shell on this one in the Germany auction? Were the Ti frames welded there? Perhaps this should be in the "Made in Canada" forum.
What, you didn't hear the RMB never made these frames themselves?? All USA Sandvik production for these Ti Bolts. Still, didn't stop RMB from putting a big maple leaf on the frame decal...

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,914 Posts
Actually Litespeed made the Rocky Mountain Titaniums, Ti-Bolts, and all the raceface Ti parts. As to the maple leaf, rocky mountain had been lying about the origin of the frames, or at least, fooling consumers in the traditional bike industry way of "made in INSERTCOUNTRYNAMEHERE" for frames welded in other countries but assembled into bikes in that INSERTCOUNTRYNAMEHERE for a long time, and its not just something they started doing when Procycle bought them out. The fusions and hammers were always made in asia back then for example. All the Cirrus, Experience and Stratos frames were made in Japan. I'm pretty sure you didn't start into actual BC made frames until you hit the Equipe level pricepoint for steel and the Thin Air level pricepoint for Aluminium (in the early 90s that is).

·
Registered
554 Posts
To answer islanders question, no I had no idea. I've never followed RM bikes in major detail such as which model is made where, geometry specs, tubing types etc. I have a list of old specs though which I use for my own bikes and to help anyone else who has questions like that. Any time I ask a question and get some info from someone else I keep track of it in case it comes in handy. I've never owned a ti bike so that's likely why I never knew they were made in the states.

I leave the technical questions for Rockyuphill and DeeEight. There's way too much information for me to remember with the limited memory space in my head.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,914 Posts
Sandvik was primarily a tubing mill in the early 90s... Litespeed always used Sandvik sourced tubes.

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
DeeEight said:
Actually Litespeed made the Rocky Mountain Titaniums, Ti-Bolts, and all the raceface Ti parts.
I know the "raceface Ti parts" isn't completely correct as I saw RF Ti parts being manufactured in a local machine shop as the company I was working for was using the same shop. This was at least 15 years ago now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts