Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm looking into getting a Liv Bliss 3 for my wife, the bike comes with a 3x8 drivetrain and the BB is a sealed cartridge. I want to change that out to a NX Eagle 1x. The Liv site doesn't specify anything besides that it's sealed cartridge. Would there be an issue with the conversion, or would I need a Pressfit?

The Liv site is so limited with their bike tech description, I do plan on swaping out the Suntour for a better fork and changing out the mechanical brakes for a modest hydraulic system.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Hello all, I'm looking into getting a Liv Bliss 3 for my wife, the bike comes with a 3x8 drivetrain and the BB is a sealed cartridge. I want to change that out to a NX Eagle 1x. The Liv site doesn't specify anything besides that it's sealed cartridge. Would there be an issue with the conversion, or would I need a Pressfit?

The Liv site is so limited with their bike tech description, I do plan on swaping out the Suntour for a better fork and changing out the mechanical brakes for a modest hydraulic system.
This is a very low-end bike. Not sure why you'd even attempt to upgrade, as that SRAM groupset costs almost as much as the bike, but I digress...

Pressfit will not work. It's probably a threaded BB using the older 68/73 cartridge found on mountain bikes years ago. These can be swapped out with the X-type external cup BBs, but the crank spindle probably won't fit.

You'll probably have the same situation with the fork. That frame doesn't have a tapered head tube, so at best you'll need a 26 inch fork with a 1-1/8 straight steerer tube, which are getting harder to find.

Unless you have free parts to throw at it, I wouldn't bother. Your better off buying a different bike because you'll probably spend as much after trying to upgrade.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a very low-end bike. Not sure why you'd even attempt to upgrade, as that SRAM groupset costs almost as much as the bike, but I digress...

Pressfit will not work. It's probably a threaded BB using the older 68/73 cartridge found on mountain bikes years ago. These can be swapped out with the X-type external cup BBs, but the crank spindle probably won't fit.

You'll probably have the same situation with the fork. That frame doesn't have a tapered head tube, so at best you'll need a 26 inch fork with a 1-1/8 straight steerer tube, which are getting harder to find.

Unless you have free parts to throw at it, I wouldn't bother. Your better off buying a different bike because you'll probably spend as much after trying to upgrade.
I hear ya, it was mainly so she can have a petite option since she is 5'1" with a possible inseam of 26, so the Liv line would fit her best but I'm not keen on 2x/3x setups, just wanted to see if its possible and/or worth it. I crunched the numbers and with everything being upgraded it does come out close to a starter FS bike $1500.

I might as well go get her a FS... Screw it. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I hear ya, it was mainly so she can have a petite option since she is 5'1" with a possible inseam of 26, so the Liv line would fit her best but I'm not keen on 2x/3x setups, just wanted to see if its possible and/or worth it. I crunched the numbers and with everything being upgraded it does come out close to a starter FS bike $1500.

I might as well go get her a FS... Screw it. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Look on eBay for a 2015 Kona Process134 SE. This was made for shorter riders, and was an excellent bike. They show up regularly as they didn't sell as many. Here's one now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Kona-...l-Suspension-Mountain-Bike-Alloy/333279022040

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.