Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've converted my tires to tubeless with homemade sealant and everything seems great. I've been reading on this board about how the homemade stuff dries out over time and has to be added every couple of months or so. Now if you never get a flat (like most posters say), how do you know if it's dried out and you have to add to it? From changing worn out tires? No more sloshing (mine don't slosh now though), or do they finally puncture?

·
Registered
54 Posts
not just homemade stuff dries up.

eventually you will get a pin hole and go flat. meaning no sealant pores out the hole.

when you air up your tires you will get a little sealant coming out the stem, so when this stops may be a good indicator.

I open my wheels up every 6 months and usually pull out this molecule sponge looking thingy once in a while a put new stans in.

hope i'm helpful.

-low

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,166 Posts
Every couple months your going to have to add some depending on climate/riding conditions. My cue is usually tire goes flat in between rides. Fill with Stans and all good for a few more months.

Shawn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.