Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill be at our family house in Wells next week (all covid compliant) and looking for places to take my boys ages10 and 12, riding. Smith preserve in Kennebunkport is on the list, but looking for other areas within an hour or so of Wells. Is Clifford park worth it? I've never been able to figure out Aggie and from what I've ridden I don't think they would enjoy it. For reference, they are good for 6-7 miles with moderate climbs before they start tapping out.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ag has a lot of steeps though if you just ride the loop trail at the top that is pretty chill.

Isnt' there a Wells (P)Reserve? They have mellow trails, as I recall. I forget the exact name of it, but it's a nice place.

Other good options all in NH: Odiorne Point, UNH College woods, Doe Farm in Durham, East/West Foss farm in Durham.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Cape Elizabeth trails look pretty mellow and look to be within your range. I had them jam the q tip up my nose the other day so ill be up there for a few but will likely spend most time on the Gorham trails.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
They will love Gorham, Maine.
Gorham will be hands down the best place for your kids. Smith is fun too, more technical however. Clifford park is more freeride style trails. I have not been there in a number of years (so these thoughts maybe untrue) but it used to have some homeless encampments and scattered trash/garbage.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Easy Paved Trails for Little Ones?

I've had the stick jammed up my nose, too, and am in York (Nubble).

Anybody know of very easy flat asphalt trails dedicated for bikes/runners that are friendly for an 11 year old, that are between Portsmith and Kennebunkport?

I can easily find routes using Strava, but I'm looking for dedicated trails so we don't have to worry about cars at all.

Kids will probably be tramautized if I take them along for my Mt. Agamenticus repeats, so need something flat.

It seems that the Eastern Trail starting at around Arundel seem best, but interested if there are others.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
I've had the stick jammed up my nose, too, and am in York (Nubble).

Anybody know of very easy flat asphalt trails dedicated for bikes/runners that are friendly for an 11 year old, that are between Portsmith and Kennebunkport?

I can easily find routes using Strava, but I'm looking for dedicated trails so we don't have to worry about cars at all.

Kids will probably be tramautized if I take them along for my Mt. Agamenticus repeats, so need something flat.

It seems that the Eastern Trail starting at around Arundel seem best, but interested if there are others.
Rails to trails.com is your answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts